cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water pump or CPU fan header

jrrog1975
Level 7
Question...the my last build did not have the water pump header. I'm getting ready to complete my build with the Asus VIII Hero Alpha and a Corsair 110i GTX. Should I plug the 110i into the CPU fan header or water pump header? What's the difference? And any BIOS configuration considerations regarding the headers?
4 REPLIES 4

Supersonical
Level 7
Actually had the same dilemma, I also have the 110i GTX

Supersonical
Level 7
Finally connected it to the water pump socket. But I don't think it's enabled and I think it can be enabled through bios

Chino
Level 15

Alaxang
Level 7
jrrog1975 wrote:
Question...the my last build did not have the water pump header. I'm getting ready to complete my build with the Asus VIII Hero Alpha and a Corsair 110i GTX. Should I plug the 110i into the CPU fan header or water pump header? What's the difference? And any BIOS configuration considerations regarding the headers?

Hi I just completed my new rig recently and I am also using ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme + Cosair GT h110i. The connector on the cooler itself should be connected to the cpu header as there is only 1 wire on the 3 pin connector(therefore It can only be use for monitoring). There is no effect if you connect this to the pump header as the 1 wire is not going to affect the pump speed. there are also a Y connector wire for the PWM fans that comes along with the cooler. within the package there is also the cosair link cable that you have to plug onto the cooler and the other end to the motherboard(this is the wire that is use to control the pump/fan speed via the cosair link program). Note: if you do not use the cosair link cable or program . upon power up the pump and fan will still spin but I do no think that they are at their 100% (as the 100% can be quite noisy as experienced from the control via the cosair link program).