cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 Touchpad Driver for Asus GL552VW

brentf
Level 7
I recently ordered an Asus GL552VW from a third party reseller that allows customizations.
The computer comes with Windows 10 by default, but I am getting it with Windows 7 Professional for software compatibility reasons.
I am using some very finicky software developed by the government that has not yet been confirmed compatible with Windows 10.

The reseller notified me they were able to get everything working in Windows 7 on the computer they are building EXCEPT the touchpad.
They have tried the drivers on the ASUS website and drivers for the old version computer (GL551) with no success.
The touchpad is made by Synaptics (pretty standard).

Question: For anyone who has a GL552, what is the precise touchpad in use (touchpad model)?
Has ANYONE successfully gotten the touchpad to work on a GL552 with Windows 7? If so, what driver did you use?
8 REPLIES 8

stream77
Level 7
I also purchase one and would like to use Windows 8 on it. I see from the link below where Asus is saying the touchpad driver is here and should work with Windows 7
Windows 8
Windows 8.1.

http://asussupports.com/asus-gl552vw-driver-download/
Tony Wittock

I too was able to get all hardware working with Windows 7 except for the touchpad on my brand new ROG GL552VW-DH71 model (I also have software that is incompatible with Windows 10 so I am dual-booting Win 7/Win10). The ASUS site has about 18 Smart Gesture drivers for Window 7 64-bit on their site, I only managed to get two of them to actually install. Even then, although the Smart Gesture control panel would open, the touchpad did not respond at all (the cursor would continuously flicker, but could not be moved). I gave up. The touchpad on this model is not very well-made anyway, so it is not a great loss. Do yourself a favor, wipe all the fingerprints from the touchpad area, get a Bluetooth mouse and forget about getting the touchpad to work. Ironic that the only driver actually provided by ASUS for ASUS hardware does not work.. Calls to Technical Support confirm that a proper working drivers for Windows 7 for this model will never be provided by ASUS. Maybe someday an open-source solution will emerge.

The two Smart Gesture drivers that did install the Smart Gesture Control Panel (but did not work properly) were:
SmartGesture_Win7_64_VER2219
SmartGesture_Win7_64_VER308
and are accessible from
http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/479/0/20/30/

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Have you guys tried the Synaptics driver from their website?

http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php

My issue on my HP laptop was on Windows 10 and the default drivers for the touchpad didn't work on Windows 10. I downloaded and installed the Synaptics drivers from their website and now my touchpad works and the disable touchpad when other pointing devices is detected option is now available.

No dice. Thanks for the link though. It was worth a try.

Gave up on this.. I will return this laptop and think again before choosing Asus for next one, they are full of **** with the drivers situation.. every other brand provides basic drivers for w7, not Asus.. fu

first go to device manager > find warning {yellow} system device and klik properties >klik install driver > choose browse to allocated manually driver io> SerialIO{include folder} when this success all driver sholud be run and works well... any ask sent me an email:cool:

Hi Guys.
i install windows 7 on dual boot with windows 10 (both uefi) on gl552-vw
all drivers works good in windows 10 but in windows 7 none of them works.none of usb drives worked in 7 even mouse and other usb flash drives dont work.
please help me where i can found asus gl552-vw drivers for window 7 that works properly ? because i need to have windows7 on this notebok.
thank you all.

Himeko wrote:
Gave up on this.. I will return this laptop and think again before choosing Asus for next one, they are full of **** with the drivers situation.. every other brand provides basic drivers for w7, not Asus.. fu

Not true. Even the new MSI computers don't support Win7. Has something to do with the s#itty new intel chipsets :mad:

I have a new G752 and I'm pissed that ASUS doesn't incorporate Win7 support. I've heard people have got it working though. I'm going to try and I'm hoping that the hacker wizards are going to find a way around the missing drivers. Sooooooo irritating.