cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 1302 Wont let me change FCLK Freq!!

AKBAAR
Level 9
So I had BIOS 1202 previsouly and I set my FCLK Frequency to 800mhz to give me right decimal with BCLK 125mhz which Results in

800 X 125 = 1000 or 1Ghz which is the value I target for stable system with BCLK overclocked.

Now after I updated to the newly today released BIOS version 1302... I have hard time changing FCLK figure to 800mhz!! when I save and exit the bios the system shutsdown twice and reverts the FCLK back to 1 Ghz !

here is screenshot of both setting in BIOS and in Windows to show that what ever numbers I put in FCLK it just reverts it back to 1 GHZ

please fix asus this is crucial for ppl who overclock using BCLK like me..

and you can see its not changed... its still runing 1250mhz which is 1Ghz FCLK
it should run 1000mhz because the value of BCLK is 125 .. that means : 125x8=1000mhz

26 REPLIES 26

AKBAAR
Level 9
So I reverted to BIOS version 1202 and now I can change FCLK speed normally

here is screeny

AKBAAR
Level 9
I hope ASUS support looks into this... changing FCLK on BIOS version 1302 is impossible now

Hi, can you tell me where to get the 1302 bios please ?

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
You can find BIOS updates on the ASUS website for your motherboard.

Hi Chino, I see in you sig that you have asus maximus viii extreme, although I use Asus Maximus Impact VIII but they both use same BIOS..
can you please confirm that you can change your FCLK in the Tweakers Paradise section or not?

Thank you

Chino wrote:
You can find BIOS updates on the ASUS website for your motherboard.

Thank you. He is using the M8 Impact... 🙂

Menthol
Level 14
AKABAR,
I am using an Extreme, with the FLCK on auto, system agent clock is 1000mhz, haven't tried changing it

If you are using bios 1302 try changing FCLK to 800mhz see if it changes in windows please

AKBAAR wrote:
If you are using bios 1302 try changing FCLK to 800mhz see if it changes in windows please

I am using an MVIII Extreme, 1202 is the latest bios,
Is there a reason you prefer a blck of 125 over 100?