cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Extreme QCODE 6F booting from sleep

RevolutioZ
Level 7
So, yesterday I put my monitor to "sleep" or I guess "rest" its called when translated to English from my language. There is Another option called "Power/sleep saving mode)" that happens 1 hour after a while when the computer has been unused but I dont know the difference between them. I come back to the computer later, perfectly timed when everyone was waiting for the Xmas food. click my mouse and the computer starts booting and then turns off, starts booting again, turns off again. I tried to turn it off by tap hitting the Power button, nothing happens. Holding it down turned it off, starts again. In the end the only thing that was left to do was to kill the Power fast as **** on the back off the computer, starting it again and it now doesnt get Connection with keyboard and screen(that **** has happened Before on this and other computers, I have a PG27AQ now). I disconnected Ethernet Cables, mouse, keyboard switched DP-port etc and got my computer on now.

I am, as you now worried as **** cause this was a VERY expensive computer. I dont see any difference in temperatures and its QCODE 40(Usually I have AA,40 or 30). I will never put my computer in "Sleep" again.

Now my question to the forum, what can I do to check what was going on? I read the manual QCODE didnt give me much let me see if i can find the manual online

6B-6F System Agent DXE Initialization (System Agent module specific)

I appreciate some help here but I know most of you have christmas today so merry christmas and thanks on forhead.
3 REPLIES 3

Hawkstorm
Level 7
Post your Full system specs and if your running a overclock etc or not and what Ram you have installed and its operating speed.

memetic
Level 7
I had a number of issues when I started my rig for the first few times. I know it sounds stupid, but unplug, take out all your pieces and put them back in. I had to do this several times before my rig finally ran. This is the honest truth. I did nothing more more than remove and reinstall components to get my build running. I almost gave up.

Qwinn
Level 11
Qcodes 30 and 40 are harmless, they just mean your computer was woken from sleep mode since your last full shutdown.

That said, there are enough reports of problems with sleep/hibernation/fast boot that I've just disabled them all, and I'm not regretting it at all.