Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Exclamation G752VT-RH71 Bios stuck in "RAID" mode

I'm having trouble with this as I am trying to change the boot hard drive to my Samsung SM951 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s00

I know there has been some talk of this happening with other users and I was wondering if there has been any changes with this?

I can use it as a hard drive but not see it as a boot drive in the BIOS. I haven't attempted to re-install yet as I'm thinking it won't let me due to the BIOS not recognizing it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Diskotek View Post
    I'm having trouble with this as I am trying to change the boot hard drive to my Samsung SM951 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s00

I know there has been some talk of this happening with other users and I was wondering if there has been any changes with this?

I can use it as a hard drive but not see it as a boot drive in the BIOS. I haven't attempted to re-install yet as I'm thinking it won't let me due to the BIOS not recognizing it.
    Mine is in raid as well.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Julskey's Avatar

What does this mean? My sata bios setting is also RAID. What RAID mode? Aren't RAID modes supposed to be 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 etc?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

All the research I have seen is that NVMe runs in RAID Mode? WIKI also shows this? What about your 2.5" hard drive what mode is it working in?
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Member Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-12-27 10.11.09.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	970.4 KB 
ID:	54381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-12-27 10.11.32.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	898.1 KB 
ID:	54382[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]

They say non-raid mode and the BIOS recognizes the SSD itself but only in the RAID menu.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 2015-12-27 10.11.49.jpg  

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

I can't really help you, Asus hasn't explained why the G752 are coming with Raid the only option to be used. NVMe is explained here
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    I can't really help you, Asus hasn't explained why the G752 are coming with Raid the only option to be used. NVMe is explained here
    I'm thinking I should just get the Samsung 950 Pro http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-950-51...ng+950+pro+m.2 I assume people have had luck with this

ROG Member Array

ive installed SM951 NVMe without any problems, had only to load intel raid controller drivers on setup. working really good.

ROG Enthusiast Array

My m2 SSD shows up in the bios the exact same way, EXCEPT, it does not say ACHI, it shows as NVMe. Is there anyway to change that?

Also, Golomb13, can you please link me to the exact drivers you used to load on setup? It might be the very thing I am needing, because I am having a major problem installing Windows 10 onto a clean m2 ssd that has absolutely no partitions, and the only thing that can find it is bios.

I wont go into details, because my thread is as recent as this one.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    wawawawawa wait a minute.....
    raid ? WTF ?
    why the frak ( yes BSG fan ) you use RAID on a single ssd based machine ? it makes no sense !

Please enter the bios and change the drives control to AHCI instead of RAID !
    Attachment 54394
    Also... look at this REVIEW from NoteBookCheck.net
    Attachment 54395
    A. please read my update in my previous post.
    B. please see this old G55VW manual...from page 98-102... specially the "delete raid" part.
    I think you can control your raid in the same way... using the special Intel RAID config screen ( Ctrl+I suppose to be for Intel Raid control... if not try Ctrl+M -> that for maverick Raid control)
    Now... although I had the G55VW - I NEVER used RAID so I can't guide you there....

My opinion - that should let you disable the raid completely, then you'll be able to change to AHCI in the bios after another reboot.

P.S - Fastboot is a good thing to enable AFTER you got your OS installed and there is no need to use the POST so much anymore ( this option enabled making POST faster )

P.S.S - You can stay with RAID - but during windows installation you need to mount Intel (most probebly ) RAID drivers so the OS can communicate with the ssd !
    M8... read page 98 :
    1. Turn on the system
    2. During POST press <CTRL>+<I>....

POST is the state after you turn on the PC and BEFORE OS launches.... it is NOT the bios's screen... but an I/O of the bios operations.
    Thus:
    a. disable fast boot - cause the G751/2 laptop's POST is really fast
    b. try couple of times to enter that special RAID screen during post, by pressing ctrl+I

EDIT: try also the ctrl+I combo with external keyboard... although that does not make sense to me... as USB are POSTing later then any internal component.... may be this will work....
    otherwise - i'll tell you to update the BIOS, as it solve other's laptops ctrl+I problem ( other's != asus laptop, but intel RAID controller based )
    The only update there for the VT is about cardreader fix and some EC firmware...
    The issue is that the bios updater app is windows based.... and flashing this outside of windows in dos-based environment... is a big deal ( you'll need h-i-r-e-n boot disk or other equivalent with dos on a USB ) cuz the tools to flash these bioses from DOS are NOT asus official tools ( you can get them from some specific bios-mod forums )
    Can anyone with G752 care to check if during POST you can enter RAID special screen by pressing CTRL+I multiple times ?
    Before you try... disabling FAST BOOT in the bios might make POST a bit longer for you to try that.
    Why bother ? cuz it might hold the answer/solution for this thread name/issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast