Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ondersma80 View Post
    Hi Wee Man... got your PM. Here are the screenshots. The steps are as Amir desribed.
    cool, thanks man for this, I have all the other options but the uefi option is not there, wish it was as it used to be but its not, argggg

Any suggestions ?

Hi Wee Man... got your PM. Here are the screenshots. The steps are as Amir desribed.
    I checked again, what I have where you have the uefi option is "start up settings (change windows start up behavior)".

It wont even allow me to select any of those options, could it maybe be that because this perticular motherboard is 100% usb 3/3.1 and has no inputs at all for usb 2 that is maybe why my keyboard and mouse wont work when I am in that screen ?

The mouse and keyboard work fine in the booted windows envioroment but not before that, wonder if thats the reason, hmmm, could that cause there to be that different option those screen options ??? this is kinda hard to figure out, hmmm

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

Quote Originally Posted by the wee man View Post
    I checked again, what I have where you have the uefi option is "start up settings (change windows start up behavior)".
    Make sure you try restarting after it has been up and running for a couple minutes. If I try and restart with options right after startup I also only get the option to change startup settings. You have to wait a minute or two before trying to restart. It probably has something to do with delayed system analysis. The only reason I can think of for not seeing the troubleshooting option to edit UEFI Firmware Settings is a broken linkage or the install isn't even in UEFI mode. Does it report BIOS mode as UEFI in msinfo32? If you run sfc /scannow is it clean?

Question

Make sure you try restarting after it has been up and running for a couple minutes. If I try and restart with options right after startup I also only get the option to change startup settings. You have to wait a minute or two before trying to restart. It probably has something to do with delayed system analysis. The only reason I can think of for not seeing the troubleshooting option to edit UEFI Firmware Settings is a broken linkage or the install isn't even in UEFI mode. Does it report BIOS mode as UEFI in msinfo32? If you run sfc /scannow is it clean?
    in system info it says Bios Mode Legacy (if thats what you mean ?)

and the screenshot shows what happens when I try to run sfc /scannow
    (I am the system administrator) hmmm ?

please let me know what you think, thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cmd.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	57325
    Last edited by the wee man; 05-10-2016 at 08:11 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

Quote Originally Posted by the wee man View Post
    in system info it says Bios Mode Legacy (if thats what you mean ?)
    That is why UEFI firmware settings is missing in the restart menu. It must be a UEFI install, or at least Windows must see it as a UEFI install (it sees it as legacy/MBR right now). Either Windows is mis-detecting or an installation was performed in legacy mode. You could check this by seeing if CSM is enabled or if the partition is formatted in MBR or GPT. What I don't get is if that option is missing and Windows sees your install as Legacy why you can't easily access the BIOS at startup.

Quote Originally Posted by the wee man;590916and the screenshot shows what happens when I try to run sfc /scannow
    (I am the system administrator) hmmm ?

please let me know what you think, thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG
    57325[/ATTACH]
    sfc /scannow must be run as an administrator. Right click the Start Menu and click Command Prompt (Admin).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3