Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 125

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array Stukow PC Specs
    Stukow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO @ 3504BIOS
    ProcessorINTEL i5 6600K @ DEFAULT
    Memory (part number)KINGSTON HYPERX FURY 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ KIT
    Graphics Card #1SAPPHIRE R9 290 VAPORX TRIXX
    Sound CardASUS ESSENCE STX
    MonitorEIZO FORIS FS 2434 + SAMSUNG XL2370HD
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO
    Storage #2SAMSUNG SSD 840
    CPU CoolerTHERMALRIGHT MACHO REV B
    CaseFRACTAL DEFINE R5 BLACK WINDOW
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM650x
    Keyboard LOGITECH G810 ORION SPECTRUM
    Mouse ASUS GLADIUS ROG + CORSAIR HARPOON RGB
    Headset ASUS STRIX 2.0
    Mouse Pad STEELSERIES QCK
    OS WINDOWS 7 64BIT
    Network RouterSAMSUNG HORIZON BOX
    Accessory #1 XBOX 360 CONTROLLER

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    [solution] windows doesnt shutdown on maximus boards

    after i got my Maximus Hero 8 Board i had 2-3 stressful weeks because Windows wouldnt shutdown fully and properly the shutdown page with the shutdown message stays until i get a bsod after about 10mins the board is still alive fans rotate lights are up the graphic card is still alive!

    so i searched and did much things to solve this problem changed settings in the bios changed ram banks and position plugged in and out usb devices deinstalled programs and many things to find a solution but 99% of the advices also found in here didnt help near to giving up making some last trys i found the solution so here it is.

    Some of the Autostart services from Intel probably installed with the drivers from the Asus Mainboard Site cause the problem so we need to deactivate them.


    Press the Windows button now in the search bar type msconfig on the window popping up go to servicesand search for the Intel services now deactivate them by unclick the checkmark that is it now your Board should shutdown fully and properly!



  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    46

    I have a feeling there isn't a single simple answer to this issue. I was experiencing this yesterday evening after I had finished troubleshooting my BIOS flashback procedure. I tend to not do shutdowns as a matter of habit because historically my PC's have been so slow to start up. My research indicated that it was probably some background service preventing Windows from shutting down. But I tried to recall the most recent applications I had installed that changed the environment of my system. AI Suite was the only thing I had recently installed and I have read a lot of talk on the forums about various problems AI Suite causes.

    I uninstalled all of AI Suite and the issue is resolved. I have no idea which element of AI Suite was the culprit in my case. But I am not motivated right now to install it one component at a time to see which application was causing the issue for me.

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array Stukow PC Specs
    Stukow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO @ 3504BIOS
    ProcessorINTEL i5 6600K @ DEFAULT
    Memory (part number)KINGSTON HYPERX FURY 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ KIT
    Graphics Card #1SAPPHIRE R9 290 VAPORX TRIXX
    Sound CardASUS ESSENCE STX
    MonitorEIZO FORIS FS 2434 + SAMSUNG XL2370HD
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO
    Storage #2SAMSUNG SSD 840
    CPU CoolerTHERMALRIGHT MACHO REV B
    CaseFRACTAL DEFINE R5 BLACK WINDOW
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM650x
    Keyboard LOGITECH G810 ORION SPECTRUM
    Mouse ASUS GLADIUS ROG + CORSAIR HARPOON RGB
    Headset ASUS STRIX 2.0
    Mouse Pad STEELSERIES QCK
    OS WINDOWS 7 64BIT
    Network RouterSAMSUNG HORIZON BOX
    Accessory #1 XBOX 360 CONTROLLER

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara917 View Post
    I have a feeling there isn't a single simple answer to this issue. I was experiencing this yesterday evening after I had finished troubleshooting my BIOS flashback procedure. I tend to not do shutdowns as a matter of habit because historically my PC's have been so slow to start up. My research indicated that it was probably some background service preventing Windows from shutting down. But I tried to recall the most recent applications I had installed that changed the environment of my system. AI Suite was the only thing I had recently installed and I have read a lot of talk on the forums about various problems AI Suite causes.

    I uninstalled all of AI Suite and the issue is resolved. I have no idea which element of AI Suite was the culprit in my case. But I am not motivated right now to install it one component at a time to see which application was causing the issue for me.

    i dont think its caused by AI Suite or other Programs from Asus some of them which i need i didnt deactivate even. actually i dont need the AI Suite so i didnt install and not because of the reason to solve the shutdown problem

    but im 100% sure the shutdown problem is caused by the Intel Services because i tested it now for more then 3 weeks and the problem with no shutdown is reproduceable after activate them Intel Services again!


    but the easiest way if you still have problems you check if the Intel Services are active and deactivate them all and then check by your own if its solved or not
    Last edited by Stukow; 12-25-2015 at 08:12 PM.

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    46

    My problem has gone away for now. Maybe it wasn't the same as yours. What I was experiencing is that the screen would go black as if Windows had shutdown, however all my fans continued to run and the motherboard did not power off.

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array Stukow PC Specs
    Stukow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO @ 3504BIOS
    ProcessorINTEL i5 6600K @ DEFAULT
    Memory (part number)KINGSTON HYPERX FURY 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ KIT
    Graphics Card #1SAPPHIRE R9 290 VAPORX TRIXX
    Sound CardASUS ESSENCE STX
    MonitorEIZO FORIS FS 2434 + SAMSUNG XL2370HD
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO
    Storage #2SAMSUNG SSD 840
    CPU CoolerTHERMALRIGHT MACHO REV B
    CaseFRACTAL DEFINE R5 BLACK WINDOW
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM650x
    Keyboard LOGITECH G810 ORION SPECTRUM
    Mouse ASUS GLADIUS ROG + CORSAIR HARPOON RGB
    Headset ASUS STRIX 2.0
    Mouse Pad STEELSERIES QCK
    OS WINDOWS 7 64BIT
    Network RouterSAMSUNG HORIZON BOX
    Accessory #1 XBOX 360 CONTROLLER

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara917 View Post
    My problem has gone away for now. Maybe it wasn't the same as yours. What I was experiencing is that the screen would go black as if Windows had shutdown, however all my fans continued to run and the motherboard did not power off.
    my problem was kinda the same like yours (Fans Run Motherboard doesnt power off Graphic Card still on Power Led Lights)

    unless then that the screen doesnt go black but you see the windows screen with the text "shutdown" for about 10 mins then comes a Bluescreen of Death

    you now have the oportunity to install Asus Ai Suite and deactivate the Intel Services to check the system behavior

    on the other side there is another possibilty that while the Installation Progress Asus Ai Suite installs these Intel Services then we have the answer if Ai Suite causes the problem

    maybe i try to install the Suite these days and check on my own!
    Last edited by Stukow; 12-26-2015 at 12:07 AM.

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    46

    I just did a shutdown to verify that my system is working correctly. It is.

    This is the status of my Intel Services in my system.



    If I were you I might trying turning those services back on one at a time so that you can narrow down which one might be causing the problem unless your are convinced that they are all to blame. But if you shut them all down at the same time how do you know which one it is?

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array Stukow PC Specs
    Stukow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO @ 3504BIOS
    ProcessorINTEL i5 6600K @ DEFAULT
    Memory (part number)KINGSTON HYPERX FURY 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ KIT
    Graphics Card #1SAPPHIRE R9 290 VAPORX TRIXX
    Sound CardASUS ESSENCE STX
    MonitorEIZO FORIS FS 2434 + SAMSUNG XL2370HD
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO
    Storage #2SAMSUNG SSD 840
    CPU CoolerTHERMALRIGHT MACHO REV B
    CaseFRACTAL DEFINE R5 BLACK WINDOW
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM650x
    Keyboard LOGITECH G810 ORION SPECTRUM
    Mouse ASUS GLADIUS ROG + CORSAIR HARPOON RGB
    Headset ASUS STRIX 2.0
    Mouse Pad STEELSERIES QCK
    OS WINDOWS 7 64BIT
    Network RouterSAMSUNG HORIZON BOX
    Accessory #1 XBOX 360 CONTROLLER

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara917 View Post
    I just did a shutdown to verify that my system is working correctly. It is.

    This is the status of my Intel Services in my system.



    If I were you I might trying turning those services back on one at a time so that you can narrow down which one might be causing the problem unless your are convinced that they are all to blame. But if you shut them all down at the same time how do you know which one it is?
    i did try to do it one by one but it looked like they are all causing the problem but hey it has been 2-3 weeks for me these Services are not active an i didnt have any problems in Windows or Gaming or System Errors so on... You have even more Intel Services then me

    i dont see the Intel (R) Technology Access Soft and Intel (R) Technology Access Serv in your list ?


    On Summary like i understood from your Postings since you deinstalled Asus Ai Suite you dont have problems with shutdown even with this Services activated is this right?

    If so you have the oportunity to install Asus Ai Suite again try to reproduce the shutdown problem if it occurs deactivate at least the Services you saw the Picture i posted and check for the system behaviour after this


    And Please do some series of shutdowns too because what i noticed is that the system sometimes shutdown regular and after some other tries not!
    Last edited by Stukow; 12-26-2015 at 10:56 AM.

  8. #8
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Stukow View Post
    i did try to do it one by one but it looked like they are all causing the problem but hey it has been 2-3 weeks for me these Services are not active an i didnt have any problems in Windows or Gaming or System Errors so on... You have even more Intel Services then me

    i dont see the Intel (R) Technology Access Soft and Intel (R) Technology Access Serv in your list ?


    On Summary like i understood from your Postings since you deinstalled Asus Ai Suite you dont have problems with shutdown even with this Services activated is this right?

    If so you have the oportunity to install Asus Ai Suite again try to reproduce the shutdown problem if it occurs deactivate at least the Services you saw the Picture i posted and check for the system behaviour after this


    And Please do some series of shutdowns too because what i noticed is that the system sometimes shutdown regular and after some other tries not!

    You are right. I do have more and I do not have Intel (R) Technology Access Soft and Intel (R) Technology Access Serv. I have no idea when those services get installed. I did some googling and from the Intel community forums they appear to be related to overclocking so if you do not do overclocking I guess they might not be needed. I have been shutting down my system routinely now when not in use because I am so pleased with its boot time. I do not have any shutdown problems at this time.

    I tried installing AI Suite today and the installation restart caused my system to spin its wheels for like 5 minutes. Nothing on my system should take 5 minutes to restart and if it does I don't want it. I did not get any shutdown problems after that but still decided not to keep it installed. I just don't want to carry the overhead if I think it won't be used much.

    I will say that when I was having the error that in addition to uninstalling AI Suite I ran CCleaner. There wasn't a lot for it to clean up but it did clean up a few things. Have you tried running CCleaner on your system?

    As it stands now my Shutdown procedure works correctly every time with all those Intel Services running.

    edit to add: I was optimizing my system startup to make it faster and some of those Intel Services were eliminated when I disabled a startup program named Core with no publisher name? Does anyone know what Core is and who the publisher might be. Is that some Asus software? Anyway, I thought it was interesting. Below is a picture of the only Intel services still running after disabling Core. It is also handy to know that you can disable a lot of this through Task Manager Startup tab.



    Last edited by Barbara917; 12-28-2015 at 04:19 AM. Reason: added additional information without creating new post

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array Swifty79 PC Specs
    Swifty79 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus VIII Formula
    ProcessorI7 7700K @4.7ghz
    Memory (part number)GSkill Trident Z 32gb 3400mhz
    Graphics Card #1Palit GTX 1080 Super Jetstream
    Sound CardROG Supreme FX 2015
    MonitorLG 43UH650V 4K HDR
    Storage #1Sandisk 250gb SSD
    Storage #2Toshiba 3TB 7200 Sata & Toshiba 4TB 7200 Sata
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115I
    CaseCorsair Graphite 780T
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1300w Gold
    Keyboard Velocifire VM90
    Mouse Utechsmart Venus MMO Mouse
    Headset Corsair Void Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Aires & NPET RGB Mouse Mat
    Headset/Speakers TV Speakers/LG HTS for music via Bluetooth
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    Network RouterVirgin Media Super Hub 3.0
    Accessory #1 ROG Front Base
    Accessory #2 Beer fridge next to rig (you know it makes sense!)

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    I had a problem with the computer shutting down but then turning itself back on whenever it felt like it. I looked through the forums from people saying turn on ErP (S5) to people saying alter power settings in Windows (10 by the way). Nothing seemed to work but then I found that Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly but goes into a hybrid sleep mode so I turned this off and disabled quick boot, viola, it shut down and stayed off. I don't know what version of windows you are on but if on 10 try disabling the said quick boot and see if it shuts down for you.

  10. #10
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    I don't know how, but unplugging network cable and switching to wireless seems to be working for my VIII Hero Alpha!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •