CasePhanteks enthoo evolv atx
    Power SupplySeasonic 760-p
    Keyboard Corsair k95 mechanical
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z623 200w
    OS Windows 10 home

Yep to me this shutdown problem happens sometimes, maybe 1/6 shutdowns. Im trying this method now, removed the intel services. Using latest aisuite 3.

ROG Member Array ttony PC Specs
    ttony PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero VIII
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700k
    Memory (part number)2x8GB Hyperx DDR4
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB
    MonitorBenQ G2000W
    Storage #1Samsung 850 evo 250GB
    Storage #2Seagate SV35.5 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler CPU Scythe Ninja 3 rev. B
    CaseNZXT 530 Phantom
    Power SupplyCorsair CS750M
    Keyboard Redragon Yaksa Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Zalman ZM-M400
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterTP-LINK Archer C7

I have this problem too but it happends 1/3 of shutdowns in windows 8 and in windows 10 all the time

I tried to investigate myself, I don't think is from the AI Suite because the problem occur on fresh install with no AI suite installed and with no drivers installed from the asus site/cd.

I also belive is a bad driver for one Asus/Intel drivers on this motherboard are garbage especially on windows 10 but couldn't pin point the one and i will try your solution and see.

I also don't have Intel (R) Technology Access Soft and Intel (R) Technology Access Serv in services list
    Last edited by ttony; 12-27-2015 at 09:24 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Janne-71 PC Specs
    Janne-71 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog maximus hero viii
    ProcessorIntel skylake i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz
    Memory (part number)g.skill tridentz 2x8gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti gaming g1
    MonitorAsus pg279q 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung evo 850 ssd 500gb
    Storage #2Western digital 1tb hdd
    CPU CoolerCooler master hyper 212 evo
    CasePhanteks enthoo evolv atx
    Power SupplySeasonic 760-p
    Keyboard Corsair k95 mechanical
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z623 200w
    OS Windows 10 home

In my oppinion Asus engineers should investigate this matter since it seems to occur with many users, atleast Basic functions like shutdown and restart should work with premium motherboards like rog maximus.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Stukow View Post
    i did try to do it one by one but it looked like they are all causing the problem but hey it has been 2-3 weeks for me these Services are not active an i didnt have any problems in Windows or Gaming or System Errors so on... You have even more Intel Services then me

i dont see the Intel (R) Technology Access Soft and Intel (R) Technology Access Serv in your list ?

On Summary like i understood from your Postings since you deinstalled Asus Ai Suite you dont have problems with shutdown even with this Services activated is this right?

If so you have the oportunity to install Asus Ai Suite again try to reproduce the shutdown problem if it occurs deactivate at least the Services you saw the Picture i posted and check for the system behaviour after this

And Please do some series of shutdowns too because what i noticed is that the system sometimes shutdown regular and after some other tries not!

You are right. I do have more and I do not have Intel (R) Technology Access Soft and Intel (R) Technology Access Serv. I have no idea when those services get installed. I did some googling and from the Intel community forums they appear to be related to overclocking so if you do not do overclocking I guess they might not be needed. I have been shutting down my system routinely now when not in use because I am so pleased with its boot time. I do not have any shutdown problems at this time.

I tried installing AI Suite today and the installation restart caused my system to spin its wheels for like 5 minutes. Nothing on my system should take 5 minutes to restart and if it does I don't want it. I did not get any shutdown problems after that but still decided not to keep it installed. I just don't want to carry the overhead if I think it won't be used much.

I will say that when I was having the error that in addition to uninstalling AI Suite I ran CCleaner. There wasn't a lot for it to clean up but it did clean up a few things. Have you tried running CCleaner on your system?

As it stands now my Shutdown procedure works correctly every time with all those Intel Services running.

edit to add: I was optimizing my system startup to make it faster and some of those Intel Services were eliminated when I disabled a startup program named Core with no publisher name? Does anyone know what Core is and who the publisher might be. Is that some Asus software? Anyway, I thought it was interesting. Below is a picture of the only Intel services still running after disabling Core. It is also handy to know that you can disable a lot of this through Task Manager Startup tab.

Last edited by Barbara917; 12-28-2015 at 04:19 AM. Reason: added additional information without creating new post

ROG Enthusiast Array Stukow PC Specs
    Stukow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO @ 3504BIOS
    ProcessorINTEL i5 6600K @ DEFAULT
    Memory (part number)KINGSTON HYPERX FURY 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ KIT
    Graphics Card #1SAPPHIRE R9 290 VAPORX TRIXX
    Sound CardASUS ESSENCE STX
    MonitorEIZO FORIS FS 2434 + SAMSUNG XL2370HD
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO
    Storage #2SAMSUNG SSD 840
    CPU CoolerTHERMALRIGHT MACHO REV B
    CaseFRACTAL DEFINE R5 BLACK WINDOW
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM650x
    Keyboard LOGITECH G810 ORION SPECTRUM
    Mouse ASUS GLADIUS ROG + CORSAIR HARPOON RGB
    Headset ASUS STRIX 2.0
    Mouse Pad STEELSERIES QCK
    OS WINDOWS 7 64BIT
    Network RouterSAMSUNG HORIZON BOX
    Accessory #1 XBOX 360 CONTROLLER

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara917 View Post
    You are right. I do have more and I do not have Intel (R) Technology Access Soft and Intel (R) Technology Access Serv. I have no idea when those services get installed. I did some googling and from the Intel community forums they appear to be related to overclocking so if you do not do overclocking I guess they might not be needed. I have been shutting down my system routinely now when not in use because I am so pleased with its boot time. I do not have any shutdown problems at this time.

I tried installing AI Suite today and the installation restart caused my system to spin its wheels for like 5 minutes. Nothing on my system should take 5 minutes to restart and if it does I don't want it. I did not get any shutdown problems after that but still decided not to keep it installed. I just don't want to carry the overhead if I think it won't be used much.

I will say that when I was having the error that in addition to uninstalling AI Suite I ran CCleaner. There wasn't a lot for it to clean up but it did clean up a few things. Have you tried running CCleaner on your system?

As it stands now my Shutdown procedure works correctly every time with all those Intel Services running.

edit to add: I was optimizing my system startup to make it faster and some of those Intel Services were eliminated when I disabled a startup program named Core with no publisher name? Does anyone know what Core is and who the publisher might be. Is that some Asus software? Anyway, I thought it was interesting. Below is a picture of the only Intel services still running after disabling Core. It is also handy to know that you can disable a lot of this through Task Manager Startup tab.

Im using another similar Program to CCleaner called Glary Utilities and probably did use the cleaning methods then. The Asus Ai Suite i installed the first weeks i got my System then deinstalled it because i wont use it

After my last Post i activated them both Intel (R) Technology Access Soft and Intel (R) Technology Access Serv back and they dont seem to cause them Shutdown problem so i still have 3 of this Intel Services left which one or two or all combined cause the Problem why... like i said i can reproduce this Shutdown problem by activate this 3 Services back

but thats the Software part we discuss about there is still a Hardware part and there is the oportunity that there could be a Hardware Bug like on some former Intel Chipsets or defective Product Series of Boards and so on

like Janne-71 said the Asus Employees should investigate this Shutdown Issues

i will try to find out which of this 3 INTEL EXTREME TUNING... INTEL INTEGRATED CLOCK.. INTEL PROSET... causes the Problem for me

and for the other Users which still have Shutdown problems use this guide and check how it worked for you and please report your experiences here because they are important to find the reason for this problems

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by Stukow View Post
    i will try to find out which of this 3 INTEL EXTREME TUNING... INTEL INTEGRATED CLOCK.. INTEL PROSET... causes the Problem for me
    By the name, Intel Extreme Tuning is the XTU utility from Intel to overclock their CPUs. Not sure about the other 2 though.

ttony PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700k
    MonitorBenQ G2000W
    CaseNZXT 530 Phantom
    Mouse Zalman ZM-M400
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

It can be from BIOS, is kinda ilogical windows shutsdown,no video no nothing and what else will be running to prevent it ?

Does everybody here haves windows 7/linus to confirm it happends also on that OS ?

I noticed something else,kinda now almost every time when the pc runs long ~ 10 hous will not shutdown

If it runs a few hours 1-2-3 will shut down

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ttony View Post
    It can be from BIOS, is kinda ilogical windows shutsdown,no video no nothing and what else will be running to prevent it ?

Does everybody here haves windows 7/linus to confirm it happends also on that OS ?

I noticed something else,kinda now almost every time when the pc runs long ~ 10 hous will not shutdown

If it runs a few hours 1-2-3 will shut down
    My Maximus VIII is running a new installation of Windows 10. My Maximus VI (which I am giving to me son as soon as he paints my house) is running Windows 7. But I feel that comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges. I do have a shutdown problem of sorts on the Windows 7 installation. Shutdown actually does a restart and I have to shutdown twice. It does shutdown though. It is just an annoyance that I have to do it twice.

ttony PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700k
    MonitorBenQ G2000W
    CaseNZXT 530 Phantom
    Mouse Zalman ZM-M400
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara917 View Post
    My Maximus VIII is running a new installation of Windows 10. My Maximus VI (which I am giving to me son as soon as he paints my house) is running Windows 7. But I feel that comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges. I do have a shutdown problem of sorts on the Windows 7 installation. Shutdown actually does a restart and I have to shutdown twice. It does shutdown though. It is just an annoyance that I have to do it twice.
    Do you have that annoying intrerupt randomly like a 200ms freeze?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ttony View Post
    Do you have that annoying intrerupt randomly like a 200ms freeze?
    I don't understand the question so I am going to guess not.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast