CasePhanteks enthoo evolv atx
    Power SupplySeasonic 760-p
    Keyboard Corsair k95 mechanical
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z623 200w
    OS Windows 10 home

That removal of intel services did not work for me, once again last night it didn't shut down properly. So i just put them back on. Maybe i should just try without aisuite 3 but it isn't that big of a issue that i haven't bothered yet. Aisuite has good fan control, i would have to fix my pwm hub again if i uninstalled it.

ROG Enthusiast Array Stukow PC Specs
    Stukow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO @ 3504BIOS
    ProcessorINTEL i5 6600K @ DEFAULT
    Memory (part number)KINGSTON HYPERX FURY 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ KIT
    Graphics Card #1SAPPHIRE R9 290 VAPORX TRIXX
    Sound CardASUS ESSENCE STX
    MonitorEIZO FORIS FS 2434 + SAMSUNG XL2370HD
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO
    Storage #2SAMSUNG SSD 840
    CPU CoolerTHERMALRIGHT MACHO REV B
    CaseFRACTAL DEFINE R5 BLACK WINDOW
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM650x
    Keyboard LOGITECH G810 ORION SPECTRUM
    Mouse ASUS GLADIUS ROG + CORSAIR HARPOON RGB
    Headset ASUS STRIX 2.0
    Mouse Pad STEELSERIES QCK
    OS WINDOWS 7 64BIT
    Network RouterSAMSUNG HORIZON BOX
    Accessory #1 XBOX 360 CONTROLLER

Quote Originally Posted by Janne-71 View Post
    That removal of intel services did not work for me, once again last night it didn't shut down properly. So i just put them back on. Maybe i should just try without aisuite 3 but it isn't that big of a issue that i haven't bothered yet. Aisuite has good fan control, i would have to fix my pwm hub again if i uninstalled it.
    im installing AiSuite 3 now and will try to reproduce the problem

update1

i installed Ai Suite 3 now ( with the Intel Services Deactivated ) and did several shutdowns in a row and it did shutdown properly but i will test it more for some days to be sure....
    Last edited by Stukow; 12-29-2015 at 08:04 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I shutdown my computer last night when I went to bed. It had been running all day. I thought that the shutdown bug had come back because the screen went black as though Windows had shutdown but the fans and motherboard continued to be powered. I think it took in excess of a minute for the computer to completely shutdown. I have no idea whether it is the BIOS or some background Windows process doing who knows what. I am unfamiliar with Windows 10 and perhaps this is normal but on my Windows 7 system when the screen goes black it shuts down at the same time. I do believe there is something to the theory that the shutdown time has something to do with the length the system has been running.

Stukow PC Specs
    Headset ASUS STRIX 2.0
    OS WINDOWS 7 64BIT

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara917 View Post
    I shutdown my computer last night when I went to bed. It had been running all day. I thought that the shutdown bug had come back because the screen went black as though Windows had shutdown but the fans and motherboard continued to be powered. I think it took in excess of a minute for the computer to completely shutdown. I have no idea whether it is the BIOS or some background Windows process doing who knows what. I am unfamiliar with Windows 10 and perhaps this is normal but on my Windows 7 system when the screen goes black it shuts down at the same time. I do believe there is something to the theory that the shutdown time has something to do with the length the system has been running.
    in my case it had nothing to do with how much the system ran it was like the more you shutdown in a row or even spread over the day the more you will get this issue example 4 shutdowns 3 worked the 4th not ( With them Intel Services Activated )

Is your System Overclocked?

maybe it could be a Overclock Issue so the Users which still have the Issue should try to run there Systems on Default to test!

now i installed Ai Suite 3 and the issue still not happened but checking some more days to be sure...
    Last edited by Stukow; 12-29-2015 at 10:57 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Stukow View Post
    Is your System Overclocked?

Just the memory for now. Plug and play and XMP automatic settings are working for me.

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 Model CMK32GX4M4A2666C16R

I made sure to pick one off the qualified vendor list. Not to say other memory won't work but I didn't want to worry about it.

Like I said. I had this bug briefly but don't have it now. But watching this thread in case it recurs. I turned that Core program back on and am running with the Intel services enabled.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Janne-71 PC Specs
    Janne-71 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog maximus hero viii
    ProcessorIntel skylake i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz
    Memory (part number)g.skill tridentz 2x8gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti gaming g1
    MonitorAsus pg279q 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung evo 850 ssd 500gb
    Storage #2Western digital 1tb hdd
    CPU CoolerCooler master hyper 212 evo
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    OS Windows 10 home

OK new discovery, last night when i shut down i noticed status 30 in mobo status window..not sure it had it before shutdown (for example if my comp was idle long time during evening, it has to do with waking up from sleep state) or did it come with failed shutdown. My system is overclocked, why else would i use aisuite 3. Maybe i should try reinstalling win 10.

ROG Enthusiast Array blacklotus83 PC Specs
    blacklotus83 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7700K
    Memory (part number)2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Toshiba Q-Series Pro 128GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerEK Waterblocks Supremacy Evo
    Casebe quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
    Power Supplybe quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 840
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM200
    Headset/Speakers Nubert NuPro A-100 / SW-350
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U
    Accessory #1 Alphacool DDC 310 Water Pump
    Accessory #2 2x Alphacool Nexxos Radiators
    Accessory #3 Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ttony View Post
    It can be from BIOS, is kinda ilogical windows shutsdown,no video no nothing and what else will be running to prevent it ?

Does everybody here haves windows 7/linus to confirm it happends also on that OS ?

I noticed something else,kinda now almost every time when the pc runs long ~ 10 hous will not shutdown

If it runs a few hours 1-2-3 will shut down
    Unfortunately I also suffer from this bug since I installed my new Maximus VIII Hero 3 weeks ago. I'm on Windows 10 and UEFI 1202 and I have tried so many things now. At the beginning Hybrid Start and Hybrid Standby were causing problems, so that it never shut down completely. After this was fixed I now only have the problem after gaming / running the pc more than let's say 1 hour. Screen goes black, but the mainboard stays powered on (fans, waterpump also) and the clicking relais sound to switch off does not appear...I have to hard power off.

I did not have the problem with my former mainboard Z68 Gene-Z, where I also used Windows 10. I also tested with or without AI suite but the problem still exists. It's really strange but I have the feeling the error just appears when the PC is warm after longer gaming. I can test now with the intel services deactivated (I just have 3 of them), but somehow I think this is a hardware or BIOS related bug with this board. Please ASUS engineers have a look at that Issue. Maybe when I find time i will try to do a fresh install of windows 10 and test with only the minimum software installed.

Edit: I also checked the Windows Event Viewer but I can see no errors there when checking the log of the last shutdown...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Janne-71 PC Specs
    Janne-71 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog maximus hero viii
    ProcessorIntel skylake i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz
    Memory (part number)g.skill tridentz 2x8gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti gaming g1
    MonitorAsus pg279q 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung evo 850 ssd 500gb
    Storage #2Western digital 1tb hdd
    CPU CoolerCooler master hyper 212 evo
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    OS Windows 10 home

Quote Originally Posted by blacklotus83 View Post
    Unfortunately I also suffer from this bug since I installed my new Maximus VIII Hero 3 weeks ago. I'm on Windows 10 and UEFI 1202 and I have tried so many things now. At the beginning Hybrid Start and Hybrid Standby were causing problems, so that it never shut down completely. After this was fixed I now only have the problem after gaming / running the pc more than let's say 1 hour. Screen goes black, but the mainboard stays powered on (fans, waterpump also) and the clicking relais sound to switch off does not appear...I have to hard power off.

I did not have the problem with my former mainboard Z68 Gene-Z, where I also used Windows 10. I also tested with or without AI suite but the problem still exists. It's really strange but I have the feeling the error just appears when the PC is warm after longer gaming. I can test now with the intel services deactivated (I just have 3 of them), but somehow I think this is a hardware or BIOS related bug with this board. Please ASUS engineers have a look at that Issue. Maybe when I find time i will try to do a fresh install of windows 10 and test with only the minimum software installed.

Edit: I also checked the Windows Event Viewer but I can see no errors there when checking the log of the last shutdown...
    This is exactly the issue i have, i feel it happens when my comp has been running a long time also and gaming. Only my event viewer has kernel power 41 events, due to shutting it down manually i think.

Stukow PC Specs
    Headset ASUS STRIX 2.0
    OS WINDOWS 7 64BIT

Quote Originally Posted by blacklotus83 View Post

ok please report your standing

and to the other Users i cant hold it back to repeat me over and over... if i activate this services back my shutdown problems will start again so this issue is reproduceable for me so there could be some other obvious Options you ignored please check for it also like the Options in the Windows Energy Management or in the Bios Settings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	energymanagment.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	54442

update 1:

i actually solved the problem that the Pc couldnt restart to Windows but to the Bios by Clear Cmos i guess that happened because i did to much changes on the Bios these days and noticed that the Bios get some strange behaving when changing some settings....

The Asus Staff/Employees should also check how stable the actually Bios Versions are really!

also all Users try to Clear the Cmos for your Shutdown Issues combined with deactivating the Intel Services
    Last edited by Stukow; 12-30-2015 at 08:02 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array blacklotus83 PC Specs
    blacklotus83 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7700K
    Memory (part number)2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Toshiba Q-Series Pro 128GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerEK Waterblocks Supremacy Evo
    Casebe quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
    Power Supplybe quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 840
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM200
    Headset/Speakers Nubert NuPro A-100 / SW-350
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U
    Accessory #1 Alphacool DDC 310 Water Pump
    Accessory #2 2x Alphacool Nexxos Radiators
    Accessory #3 Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro

I did the test with deactivating the Intel Services, but I still have the same problems. Shut down works all the time if I just use the pc for a short time (half an hour). Now I played Heroes of the Storm for 1h with deactivated Intel Services and the system did not power off.

I will check with the new Bios 1302 and clear CMOS. If this error also persists after a fresh Windows 10 Installation I will RMA the mainboard. It would really be interesting to see if Gigabyte, MSI etc. users also have this ****

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast