cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SSD in my Asus G750JS

amirzubair80
Level 9
i there guys. I want to install SSD in my Asus G750JS. What steps I need to follow.? How should I migrate my OS to SSD? Can I use my recovery USB to install factory image to SSD? And how should I know which HD has my OS? I have 2 HDs. I want to replace HD that has OS. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

amirzubair80
Level 9
Anyone?

Run disk management from control panel to identify your drives. Close the lid and flip it straight over, so the disk bay screw is near you. Under the cover, on my JS, the left bay is 0 and the right is1.
I bought my ssd from crucial and purchased their install kit too. It has a cable and software that allows you to clone your drive.

THempleman wrote:
Run disk management from control panel to identify your drives. Close the lid and flip it straight over, so the disk bay screw is near you. Under the cover, on my JS, the left bay is 0 and the right is1.
I bought my ssd from crucial and purchased their install kit too. It has a cable and software that allows you to clone your drive.

THempleman
Level 9
I'm a clean guy. You should probably clone or backtrack until you get everything settled.
I have ALL my files on my 'other' drive and clean install with each new win 10 release.
A clean install on an ssd, with the few programs I ACTUALLY USE, takes about 45 min to an hour including interruptions.

amirzubair80
Level 9
OK I installed ssd successfully. Removed both my HDs. Put my ssd in and used Asus backtracker. Now I have Asus G750JS factory image on my ssd. And then I put my secondary HD in.