cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am about to destroy this POS.

bcasio
Level 7
Well i have a g751jl with 16gb ram and geforce 965m that has been a nightmare ever since windows crashed and started boot looping. i like to play this one game and before windows crashed it was perfect. now it wont even start. i have 3 other laptops and the game works on them but the graphics are horrible and laggy, but it does run without issues.

so far i have installed a new hard drive due to the other one somehow getting corrupt. i have called asus and tried to explain to them but all they want is to reinstall windows and drivers which iv dont 4 times already. im starting to tihnk its something in this machine.

if anyone can help me with this issue before i destroy this thing, i would be very gratefull. here is a crash code im getting. and this is a steam game. talked to them too and they said contact the developer but i dont see how to do that on there site.
8 REPLIES 8

Corporal
Level 9
Give us a little more information please:
What windows are you using? If it's windows 10, it's likely that your game is incompatible. My Dragon Age Inquisition had problems starting under windows 10.
now it wont even start
The game or your system? Have you tried running other games, stress tests, etc.?

bcasio
Level 7
i have windows 8.1 home edititon, i tried windows 10 also with no luck, the game will load, then when i select live tournaments, i select the player, the tackle box, then play, a spinning circle loads then boom i get the crash box above.

iv been searching some of the files in the box and thought it might be a memory issue, i removed the 8gb ram stick i installed but that didnt help, i also went back to a older nvidia driver thinking that might be it but no luck there. before i had the boot looping issue the game worked perfectly,

bcasio
Level 7
well i talked to dove tail games, and they wanted a DxDiag of my system, well when i looked at it it shows a completely different computer, how can this be,
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/27/2014, 19:03:25
Machine name: ******
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_rtm.130821-1623)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
BIOS: F.33
Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 11462MB RAM
Page File: 3316MB used, 10578MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

bcasio wrote:
well i talked to dove tail games, and they wanted a DxDiag of my system, well when i looked at it it shows a completely different computer, how can this be,
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/27/2014, 19:03:25
Machine name: ******
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_rtm.130821-1623)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
BIOS: F.33
Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 11462MB RAM
Page File: 3316MB used, 10578MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

Have you installed any modded bios or vbios or running any kind *tweak* softwares ?
does the 2nd HDD which currently running your OS is from HP laptop ?

Dxdiag don't lie as it pull info from the motherboard.
Do you mind showing us screenshot of dxdiag's system tab next to CPU-Z or GPU-Z where we can see that it's on the G751 ?

in your case i would suggest a FULL WIPE of graphics driver using: Display Driver Uninstaller:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
then, install Nvidia drivers ( your JL doesn't have Intel onboard gpu - am I right ? if i does, then you got optimus... you need intel drivers also )
and CHECK with "V" the CLEAN INSTALL during setup of the drivers.
after that, make sure to install DX June 2010
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

after that, please report back.
( P.S - I assumes here you run all of this on your G751.... NOT any other companie's laptop )
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

bcasio
Level 7
no i have not installed any bios updates or changes to the bios, as far as i know its still the same bios it came with from the box. cpu-z shows g751JL.202.

I did run a disk cleanup and got rid of over a gig of stuff, now when i run DxDig i get the correct stuff. So would you still reinstall the nvidia drivers? also i only have 1 hard drive.

Gps3dx
Level 12
ROFL, MS never cease to amaze me...

anywho... clean installation of graphics drivers can only do good.
the only cons I can think about are any pre-defined config in Nvidia control panel will be erased.... and time of course 🙂

Also check you device manager for any unknown devices or Yellowish marked devices...

last but not least... please CHECK THIS FORUM as it might be an app related problem then it is with your G751
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

bcasio
Level 7
alright thanks for your help, i will do a clean install of the graphics and go from there. i am currently waiting on dovetail to get back to me with the results of the crash logs i sent to them.

bcasio
Level 7
Well i went ahead and did a clean install of the video graphics like you mentioned and it didnt help. So i put the orginal hard drive back in, and managed to get it booted and working, now everything is working fine it seems. i still dont trust this computer. i may send it back for rma as i have already got that going but did not know i have to pay shipping there and the guy told me to not ship it in the orginal box?!? Im on the fence about doing that as i have read some horror stories.