Hybrid View

Exclamation After G751JT Bios update and it boots into the bios ( not windows) - solved

Any possible help here? I did a bios update to the laptop because I noticed the games weren't functioning right nor my NVidia experience drivers even though I had everything up to date including all the drivers from Asus.

So the problem is I can't boot into windows, The bios does see the HDD's but I can't go past the bios after I save and exit.

(Bios from *I think 205 to 211)
    ( I did notice that Secure Boot Control was enabled on the bios so disabled it) either option didn't work
    Also I did try Restore defaults nothing / Disabled and enabled Fast boot / launch CSM disabled and nothing.
    Last edited by ATIXIUM; 12-27-2015 at 11:14 PM.
    INTJ in SoCal as a MCITP with a G751JT

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Hello,
    Note that You should search the forum - as this issue isn't the 1st time someone ask it.

After bios flashing, sometimes the bios resets.
    My guess is that you need to toggle your current CSM option in the bios. ( I.E if CSM was enabled, then disable it, vise versa ).
    if the above does not help LEAVE IT TOGGLED then toggle SECURE BOOT option in the bios.
    Also, in the BOOT SCREEN make sure your boot device is the right HDD ( as the JT got two drives by default from retailers )

what is CSM, and why it effects windows boot -> READ HERE

Awesome Problem Solved! Thanks, out of all those options I missed that toggle on Launch CSM disable to Enable. So bios Does reset the settings. Thanks again and I will read up on that guide, as for now I have Launch CSM set to Enabled.
    INTJ in SoCal as a MCITP with a G751JT