cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 - Fan Xpert - Gets stuck sometimes..

tonka-tommy
Level 7
Hey Team,

I have a couple of issues with Fan Xpert 3. I am totally new to these forums so please let me know if I do something wrong.

I have just upgraded to my current specs, using Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

The first issue is sometimes the CPU fan will sit above the 'Extreme Quiet' zone (18% - ~42%) and indicate that it's running down to my set curve. The set curve is about in the middle of the zone (30%) but the fan (2x Furious Vadar FFS-120 3000rpm) will continue to run at the RPM above the zone and won't settle down to the curve.
If I change the curve and then put it back to where it was, then press 'Apply', the fan returns to the curve.
The fans' controllable range is 18% - 100%

The second problem is somewhat the opposite.
The Rear Fan is connected to the CHA_1 4-pin fan plug on the motherboard.
It however, will not spin up.
The controllable range for my rear fan (Vadar FE-140ER 2000rpm) is 31% - 100%
I have the lowest part of the curve set to 45%.
The fan continues to sit at 0% and indicates it is spinning up to 45%.
However it doesn't spin up at all.
Once again, if I change the curve and put it back, hit Apply, the fan spins up and stays there.

I installed the AI Suite 3 that came with the motherboard from the CD.
Had issues, so I removed Ai Suite 3, used the Ai Suite cleaner, reinstalled the latest version from the ASUS website for my motherboard. This is all straight after a clean install of Windows 10.

Is this a bug with Fan Xpert and the new motherboard/windows 10?
Or is there something I am missing?
5 REPLIES 5

smok874
Level 7
Hello new user ROG Forum 🙂
You had same problem on previous system?
If yes or it's new setup, try matched settings FAN in BIOS(key F6) and set respectively PWM(4pin)/DC(3pin).

No problems with old setup.
I have matched the settings in the bios. PWM / DC set respectively. All fans are PWM. (4-pin).
Problems still occur..

Legolas
Level 9
You using EKWB water cooling system, please refer the EKWB manual for the fan settings. It should be set 100% if I remember correctly, please check manual to double check. The CPU FAn is conencted to the water cooling fan, correct?

For Rear Fan, please check if it is working? Did it turn on if you plug the Rear Fan to another CHA_FAN connector? Did you try another fan to replace the current rear fan?

Please run as administrator when you install AI Suite 3, beecause it needs administrator rights to install correctly
Sincerely,
Legolas

Thanks for the reply!

My motherboard has CPU_FAN, CPU_OPT, W_PUMP, CHA_FAN1, CHA_FAN2, CHA_FAN3, CHA_FAN4, EXT_FAN1, EXT_FAN2, EXT_FAN3.
I have the rear fan connected to CHA_FAN1. The CPU fan (which is 3 fans on the top radiator) connected to CPU_FAN.
All the fans are brand new and work accordingly.
I will try to change BIOS fan settings to 100% and see if control is restored.

So I have changed the BIOS setting to 100% on all fans.
Things seem to be going ok so far.
I will try it out for a few days and see if the problems are gone.

Thanks for your help!