cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance required, system crash on inactivity

crazybadger
Level 7
New built machine, novice builder, and I need some guidance on system crashes.

ASUS Rampage V Ext BIOS 1801
i7 5930k
GTX 970
16gb running at 2666
Windows 10 Pro

System boost just fine and runs perfectly when in use, if it is left for around 4 or 5 minutes with no use it crashes, no blue screen, no error message no screen saver, lock screen or shut down screen.

Speedstep power management is set to enabled in BIOS, turbo mode is set to off.
All other BIOS settings are set to auto.

My thoughts are that power management to CPU is in error, BIOS settings not correct for CPU..
Can someone suggest where I look next, are there steps I need to take to fix power management of CPU?

Event log picks up the following critical error

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 28/12/2015 13:12:22
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: DDDDDDD
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:

0x8000400000000002

System
FourB

0x0
0x0
0x0
0x0

Thanks in advance folks, all help and suggestions appreciated.
24 REPLIES 24

Qwinn
Level 11
Does the crashing stop if you set your power plan in Windows 10 to Performance? I'm presuming it's currently set to Balanced.

Qwinn wrote:
Does the crashing stop if you set your power plan in Windows 10 to Performance? I'm presuming it's currently set to Balanced.

Thx for the suggestion,

Power plan is already set to high.
Hybrid sleep and Hibernate are disabled in power plan

Pleot
Level 8
Also if you have aisuite installed try uninstaling it - seems like something is limiting beyond possible when idling...

Pleot wrote:
Also if you have aisuite installed try uninstaling it - seems like something is limiting beyond possible when idling...

Thx for the suggestion, aisuite was installed and is now uninstalled, there is no dipaway process running which is the process that seems to be associated with this cause you suggest.

OK, tried something else, have just run aisuite cleaner,

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20130702122048102&board_id=1&model=MAXIMUS+VI+EXTREME&page=1&...

lets see if that improves the situation? waiting for 5 minutes !!!

so 5 minutes passed, system crashed and rebooted to log in screen .. this is maddening, any more suggestions folks?

Thx in advance..

Qwinn
Level 11
If it doesn't work, can you use Snipping Tool to post a screenshot of CPU-Z so we can see what your Auto BIOS settings actually got you?

Let me know if you need something else... thx

crazybadger
Level 7

Pleot
Level 8
Well, look for everything that might cut processing, like c-states in bios and speedstep, and disable... I know this is not much of help ...