cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxmark.exe crashing

OCD_guy
Level 9
Ok so when I run the stress test in RealBench I keep getting a black screen, the driver stopped responding message and Luxmark.exe stopped working.

My initial thought was instability, however with my whole system at stock I'd still get the same thing happening.

Anyway after much experimentation it turns out when I don't run certain monitoring software I don't get the crash.

Monitoring software such aida64 causes the crash. When I close aida64 and then run the stress test, RealBench shows "Result Hash Match!"

So my question to you is, is my system unstable? Or can I just simply assume for whatever reason that certain monitoring software causes a conflict?

Surely if my system was really unstable I'd get the crash regardless? But the other side of me thinks that I should be able to have monitoring software work in the background .

I'd be curious to know if this is a known bug, perhaps monitoring software polling gpu readings causes a crash in luxmark, but in saying that EVGA precision X runs fine in the background.
36 REPLIES 36

OCD_guy
Level 9
Ok after much testing I can confirm that whenever I run RealBench with any graphic card monitoring software, whether it be msi afterburner, precision X etc luxmark will crash without fail.

When theses applications are not running I pass the stability tests.

Is this a bug? Conflict?

OCD guy wrote:
Ok after much testing I can confirm that whenever I run RealBench with any graphic card monitoring software, whether it be msi afterburner, precision X etc luxmark will crash without fail.

When theses applications are not running I pass the stability tests.

Is this a bug? Conflict?

I've noticed this kind of issue in the past while in game as well. When OSD is on for EVGA Precision, some games crash or don't run well. I believe it's been that way since the beginning and there was some kind of message about how the OSD hooks to the game process or something like that.

Anyways, I also observed the same issue with RealBench and found that if you just disable the OSD, you can still run the software and monitor desktop temperatures. I like to use Precision because of the custom fan curve. Without it the video card temps skyrocket, but with it on, OSD disabled, I have achieved a reliable way to stress my overclocks. 🙂

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I have run RealBench many many times with GPUs OCd with PrecisionX and never had a problem...the OSD I don't really use though...

Luxmark crashes I have had I have remedied with fresh GPU driver install...

Nodens
Level 16
Indeed don't enable the OSD. River.dog is correct, these OSDs are made by hooking certain API functions. A lot of software is incompatible with them.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
Indeed don't enable the OSD. River.dog is correct, these OSDs are made by hooking certain API functions. A lot of software is incompatible with them.

Im new to this. i have the same error. My questions is how dk we disable OSD? Where do we go?
I am having intel 7700k
Mobo: strix z270F
GeForce 1070
And I get this Luxmark instabilty whenever I run stress test and benchmark.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks*

hi,
Yesterday I did a test of two hour, the test of stress is passed without error,
A few hours later I do a test of 30 minutes, the stress test is passed but in the end the graphics driver stopped "nvlddmkm",
The graphics card has changed P-States from p2 to p8, 11110.5MHz to 324 MHz
With software running in the background: MSI AF + RTSS, CPU-Z, GPU-Z x2, HWiNFO64

MB : Asus Maximus VIII Hero - Bios 3401
CPU : I7 6700K @ 4.6GHz - 1.408 V / core x46 - cache x44 / 80° max load
GPU : GTX 690 @ Clock : 1110.5MHz / Mem : 3600MHz - 1.1750V / 80° max load
RAM :16GB DDR4 - (4x4) 2400MHz G.Skill Ripjaws V - F4-2400C15Q-16GVR
PSU : Cooler Master V1000 - 1000W
Cooling : Corsair Hydro Series H100i

Zka17
Level 16
The "graphics driver stopped working" thing is typically an OC failure on graphics cards... it may be caused by the OC itself or the driver...
As Arne said, a lot of times completely remove the driver and fresh install a new one may help... if not, just reduce the OC on the 690...

I have the same problem with my old GTX 275 100% stock,
I have no problem under benchmarks like Valley Benchmark or 3DMark with overclock,
And Boost is disable on my GTX 690

Zka17
Level 16
GTX 275 and GTX 690 in one system? Do they still make drivers for those? Which OS are you on?