cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G751JL Issue: Sleeping Randomly (Power Plan not an issue)

jfujii
Level 7
I recently got an ASUS G751JL 965M and have been met with amazing performance... When it doesn't "crash" on me. For some reason every single time battery is at 100% and plugged in, it randomly goes to sleep no matter what I'm doing. The computer simple stops everything and goes to sleep; it doesn't matter if I'm playing a game or browsing the web. In my power plan I have disabled any and all options to put my laptop to sleep or hibernation (Exception being when battery is considered critical at 5%). The following factors have not affected the abrupt sleeping to my knowledge: Temperature, HDMI port usage, USB interaction, or out of date drivers (All drivers are up to date). I have noticed however that it ONLY goes to sleep if my battery is at 100% AND plugged in. If it's on battery life or charging it does not randomly sleep on me. Any help would be appreciated as I've only had this laptop for 3 days and I wish to be able to play games optimally.
2 REPLIES 2

Mitchilled
Level 7
Are you sure it's sleeping? My laptop is having a similar problem where the screen goes black but everything is still running in the background, if I hit FN+F7 twice it powers the screen off then back on and everything is back to normal... till the screen turns off again.

Mitchilled wrote:
Are you sure it's sleeping? My laptop is having a similar problem where the screen goes black but everything is still running in the background, if I hit FN+F7 twice it powers the screen off then back on and everything is back to normal... till the screen turns off again.

That happens as well at times (when I'm browsing the internet or other light stuff), but I know for a fact that my computer is going to sleep since it takes me to the login page where I need to input my password. It also disrupts all connection to game servers (like playing a match in Dota 2) and Skype.