Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea

Yes you should update the bios to the latest version, check to see if all ASUS software has been removed then use CCleaner to clean the registry of any leftover registry entries
    Although 1.4 volts won't hurt your CPU as long as your CPU temps are OK, less than 80 degrees under load, it doesn't require that much voltage for default speeds
    But if voltage settings are left on Auto the board will usually set voltages a little higher than needed as Auto settings are set to compensate for any and all CPU's some may need more than others
    Once you have everything stable then if you want to install AISuite or other ASUS software, Install one program at a time so if there are issues it will be easier to troubleshoot

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blast3D View Post
    I explained to them my process of elimination about checking each component and narrowing it down the the mobo or cpu, and after providing my cpu's info, they were able to initiate a warranty claim.

Soo update, I recieved and installed my new 6700k replacement, and the computer instantly booted up and ran fine. However, I am currently running cpuid HWMonitor and notice my Vcore appears high - from what I understand shouldnt this be below 1.4 if I am not running an overclock (bios shows all settings at default, and I loaded UEFI defaults.

Any input on this would be great, I would hate to fry a cpu!
    Attachment 54676

EDIT:

Bios is showing a lower value - thoughts?
    Attachment 54677

EDIT:

One more edit! I just remembered that when I assembled the PC I installed pretty much all included software from Asus, including AI Suite III, which if I remember correctly, ran an auto-overclock at some point. I remember resetting it as I decided against overclocking at the time, and would rather go through bios if needed later.

I have since uninstalled AI Suite and some of the other included software, but could this be a cause/source of this issue?

Also, I just realized I'm running Bios version 0214, which is the first release bios? I'm assuming it would be best to update that as well.
    Update your BIOS to the latest revision. Put the BIOS file on a empty, fresh FAT32 formatted USB pendrive and update it through the EZ Flash Utility in the BIOS.

ROG Member Array

Went and updated to 1102 last night from 0214, I will try and update to the most recent BIOS next. I am actually going to do a complete reformat to reset everything back to default, just finished backing up my important files. Thank you Chino and everyone who had replied with assistance, this forum is a great asset to ROG users

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Vinny1001 PC Specs
    Vinny1001 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
    ProcessorIntel Skylake 6700k 4.0GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 2x 8GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX 1080 Ti
    MonitorBenQ XL2411
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro, 840 Pro, M.2 840 Evo
    Storage #22x 1TB WD Black
    CPU CoolerCorsair H60
    CaseCorsair Carbide 300R
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 Modular
    Mouse Swiftpoint The Z
    Headset Logitech G240
    Mouse Pad Swiftpoint The Z Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers 5.1 Logitech Surround Z506
    OS Windows 10 Pro, version 1703
    Network RouterAsus RT N66U

Quote Originally Posted by Blast3D View Post
    Went and updated to 1102 last night from 0214, I will try and update to the most recent BIOS next. I am actually going to do a complete reformat to reset everything back to default, just finished backing up my important files. Thank you Chino and everyone who had replied with assistance, this forum is a great asset to ROG users
    So do you believe the issue was the CPU or AI suite? I remembered on the Hero months ago when i tried it, AI Suite caused so many issues. Without it, those issues stopped happening.

Also, do you get any sound issues? What audio drivers are you using?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2