cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT Laptop 'normal' Temperature Question.

ukiyapaul
Level 7
My new Asus G752VT's temperature so far is okay only thing I noticed thats not really mentioned in reviews that I see is that the processor goes up to 86 degrees celsius average 75-83. Is that normal I do not think I use more than 80% of my processors usage. My Gpu a GTX 970m goes up to 72 but average is 65-69. Idle tems for CPU is 43-45 and GPU 45. For reference I saw that in reviews CPU temp is around 73 max during CPU benchmark test. I would assume that the CPU Benchmark test would use 99-100% cpu usage and would get hot because of it.
13 REPLIES 13

Jlieu
Level 7
Its normal, It depends on your surrounding room temperature also. No worry.

Jlieu wrote:
Its normal, It depends on your surrounding room temperature also. No worry.

Thanks, I was really worried there since I mostly game now on this laptop. I just thought of something that I needed to ask. I want to use the 2x PCIE slots available and only need one for the Samsung 950 Pro as my boot drive. Since I still have one free can I somehow use it with another storage device that doesnt have to be really fast. I was thinking a Samsung 850 m.2 but I do not believe its compatible. Any information as to what other m.2 storage I can use with it besides the SM951 and 950 Pro?

oliverrr
Level 7
What apps / games are you on when your CPU usage goes to 80%? That's weird.. Gaming should not be consuming so much CPU resources.

oliverrr wrote:
What apps / games are you on when your CPU usage goes to 80%? That's weird.. Gaming should not be consuming so much CPU resources.

only Gas Guzzlers go up to 80% according to msi afterburner, highest right now is 87 degress celcius. other games use 15-48% of the cpu.

I think I would be concerned GPU is only 65C and CPU 80+ C sounds very much like the pasting on your CPU is not good, and will only get worse with time if your in Return for replacement window you might want to do that. You should at least run a CPU intensive benchmark I use Burn In test but there must be some free ones out there. I'm thinking if you push your CPU to 100% it going to get a lot hotter.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
I think I would be concerned GPU is only 65C and CPU 80+ C sounds very much like the pasting on your CPU is not good, and will only get worse with time if your in Return for replacement window you might want to do that. You should at least run a CPU intensive benchmark I use Burn In test but there must be some free ones out there. I'm thinking if you push your CPU to 100% it going to get a lot hotter.

Yes, thats what I was thinking too. Will find some way to fully test the laptop as I do not think I can return it. But it should still be covered by asus global warranty i think.

Sniffy
Level 7
It actually sounds very normal. G751 here and my GPU stays around mid 60s while CPU gets much hotter. Intel chips have been like this for a while now, don't sweat it.

navis995
Level 11
CPU will reach 80°C on heavy loads no matter the paste you're using. That goes for pretty much all mobile i7 4xxx series. As for the GPU that one too can reach up to 80°C (5°C +/-).
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

I did some video encoding using handbreak and processor temp went up to 87 degrees C 73-86 C average, but according to task manager my processor usage is between 73-100% and clock speed is 3.06-3.08Ghz. Is that normal? I though its supposed to go turbo at 3.5Ghz. Asus program says Processor is at 3100Mhz and never went up to 3500Mhz.