Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gl752 vs. Gl552

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by james11705 View Post
    If u're into hardcore gaming, N want to play them at ultra setting, go for the 4gb or if you're a casual gamer/ N won't bother about ultra setting go for the 2GB version
    Even though the 4GB vram won't Be used completely because the laptop has a 960m which is a mid range gcard
    Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the answer.

I was about to buy the GL752 but then I looked at the ones that come with GTX9700M and now I am wondering if it is worthy to spend extra €500 for that or not.
    I am speaking about the G752 or G502, What do you think? I do not need to buy it now, I could wait 2 months, I guess that the prices will go down for sure, won´t it?

Regards,
    XAKO

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by xako View Post
    Thanks for the answer.

I was about to buy the GL752 but then I looked at the ones that come with GTX9700M and now I am wondering if it is worthy to spend extra €500 for that or not.
    I am speaking about the G752 or G502, What do you think? I do not need to buy it now, I could wait 2 months, I guess that the prices will go down for sure, won´t it?

Regards,
    XAKO
    Yes worth it, if you're looking for portability go for the 502 , coz the g752 is heavy, I was planning to get the 752, but it was way over my budget, so had to settle for gl552 . If you can push ur budget, go for the g502 which is waaay better than gl552, and it is also future proof.
    And yes it is pricey but worth it, .if u could get it for less than $2000, also u could check out msi which offers similar specs at similar price
    Quote Originally Posted by xako View Post
    Thanks for the answer.

Regards,
    XAKO

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

ROG Member Array

Almost no differences, except screen and battery?

I've done some researches and read/watched reviews and I've come to the following differences. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

- Of course, the GL752 is heavier and less portable.
    - The screen aspect ratio on the GL552 is 16:9 while the GL752 is 16:10
    - I've seen most reviews of the GL552 and it always comes with a removable battery. However I came across some GL752 reviews where it was obvious the battery is soldered! Correct me if I'm wrong, do GL752VW have a non removable battery?
    - The DH-71 ad DH-74 variants of both these laptops come with the same hardware and SSD/GPU/RAM improvements.
    - This is not an official difference, but I've noticed many GL752 users have issues with the light bleeding on the screen.
    Last edited by zaka2630; 07-28-2016 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Added one more difference

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2