cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q stuck at 120Hz and terrible flicker using CS:GO (GTX670 SLI)

MarT2
Level 7
Hello,

I bought a PG279Q yesterday, and I can't set it to 144Hz. I only can go up to 120Hz, on normal, gsync, or ULMB mode.
I'm using the latest 361.43 nvidia drivers, and the latest monitor driver, connected to a GTX670 SLI on a W10 pc.

I can't create a custom resolution too, I don't know why!

I know that with this graphic card can't go up to 165Hz, but why not 144hz? It stuck ever at 120Hz. I don't know why, if my graphic card is 144Hz capable and the monitor too.

54447 54448

I have too a terrible flickering (screen is turning black for a few ms all the time) when running CS:GO on the PG279Q at fullscreen, and have any window open in the secondary monitor. It only happens when I have enabled GSYNC in global config, and ULMB enabled on CS:GO config (NVCP). If I disable GSYNC, it works OK, and if I disable ULMB on CSGO, it works OK too. How can I solve it?

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

Braxos
Level 7
You need a 9xx card for higher hz

phatec
Level 7
You need to use a Display adapter with a higher quality graphics card either 970, 980, Titan X to benefit from the G-Sync 144-165hz.

Please disable your G-sync as this is not compatible with your current graphic card.

Kotronas
Level 9
Disable the OC from pg279q and check if you can get at least the 144hz with the 670. But a 9xx is recommended for maximum OC .