cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G771JW-T7022D sleep issues

Manu_rog
Level 7
Hi there,
so I have the laptop from title with WIndows 10 build 1511 and BIOS 210.
Just noted recently that my laptop can no longer wake from sleep
It goes to sleep - i can say that because i can see the power led blinking after i close the lid, but it doesn't wake from sleep anymore.
It starts up like it does a cold boot after being shutdown.

Please, any ideas? I already reinstalled the original Intel Chipset drivers, Intel IME and Asus ATK. Original as in "from the Asus site".
it is getting really annoying by now.

Ah, and one more thing. Asus WinFlash doesnt want to upgrade my BIOS to version 211 which i can see it on Asus Site.
The last version it sees is 210 and keeps claiming that my 210 bios is newer that the 210 it sees as available on the internet
3 REPLIES 3

Gps3dx
Level 12
Manu.rog wrote:

Ah, and one more thing. Asus WinFlash doesnt want to upgrade my BIOS to version 211 which i can see it on Asus Site.
The last version it sees is 210 and keeps claiming that my 210 bios is newer that the 210 it sees as available on the internet

Hello there @Manu.rog
Simple search through our sub-forum can show you that there are many opened thread about the issue, although on different ROG laptop model... some of these thread contains the following :
Gps3dx wrote:
IF ANYONE IS THERE STIL WITH THE PROBLEM -> I NEED YOUR HELP !!!
BUT ONLY IF DID NOT REFLASH YOUR LAPTOP AND STILL EXPERIENCING THE WAKE FROM SLEEP REBOOT ISSUE !!!!
I need your BCD file which sits on a hidden partition, under \EFI\Microsoft\Boot

Inorder to has access to this partition please perform the following commands inside CMD with admis prevleges:

First open an elevated command prompt and give the EFI partition a drive letter

diskpart
list partition
select partition x:
assign letter=b
exit

(Where x: is the number of the partition listed by the list partition command and b is the driveletter you wish to assign to the EFI partition)
Now kill the File Explorer process and start it with administrative privileges:

taskkill /im explorer.exe /f
explorer.exe

SOURCE with images: HERE

once you have this file, ONLY COPY IT to another place - BUT DO NOT CHANGE THE ORIGINAL !
Then please upload the file here.

Once you've finished - and want to hide back this partition open CMD same as before and:

diskpart
select partition x:
remote letter=b
exit
(Where x: is the number of the partition listed by the list partition command and b is the driveletter you wish to assign to the EFI partition)
Now kill the File Explorer process and start it with administrative privileges)

WHY all of that ?
I about 99% sure the problem with the wake-sleep issue is with this file being partially corrupt !

Do you mind please sending me your BCD file ( before you solve this issue by the next solution )?

to quicky solve the issue, flash your current BIOS again by running winflash with the "/nodate" switch - this will allow you to flash current / older version BIOS.
Make sure you're flashing THE RIGHT BIOS FOR YOUR UNIQUE ROG LAPTOP MODEL !
Also please note that after the reflashing procedure finishes, your BIOS configuration might get reset - so you need to set it again ( specially the CSM option... ) if windows does not boot up correctly. ( if it enters "fixing windows" mode ).
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Manu_rog
Level 7
Sorry, I already downloaded the 211 bios from Asus site and flashing it solved the wake from sleep issue.
If you still need the BCD file i can try to extract it, but as I said, flashing to Bios 211 solved the issue at hand.

Manu.rog wrote:
Sorry, I already downloaded the 211 bios from Asus site and flashing it solved the wake from sleep issue.
If you still need the BCD file i can try to extract it, but as I said, flashing to Bios 211 solved the issue at hand.

Thanks but no thanks...
I'm looking for a BCD file PRIOR to the bios reflashing... I.E that the user still suffers from the sleep-wake issue.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]