cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JZ GTX 880 Not Detected - Error code 10

mindrestx
Level 7
Hello,

My laptop is currently not detecting it's GTX videocard. The intel 4600 is working fine. If I try to install any NVidia drivers for my specific model from Asus website, or Nvidia they will error out. In the device manager I can't see any entry for the GTX card. I do see an error on a device that might be linked to my issue. screenshot and information as follows.

Device with Error - Intel (R) Xeon (R) E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x16 Controller (Error Code 10) An ACPI Power object failed to transition state

I've re-installed Windows 10 "fresh install" thinking it was a corrupted driver, but no dice. I also updated bios with no luck. I've also tried the regular fixes, removing the device and so on without any luck.

Any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14

Dreamonic
Level 12
Hey,

Were you trying to flash your vBIOS by any chance? It looks as though you did... Optimus config, unable to power on the dGPU most likely because incorrect Device/Subvendor ID of ROM was used in flashing... but assumptions aside.

Have you checked whether or not the same error occurs under Windows 8/8.1 yet? Have you updated your Chipset drivers too?

Some results with online searches indicate a registry or driver related issue. Since Windows 10 has its own unique inherited list of problems, this might be one of them with your particular system, regardless of fresh install, could be related to your hardware issue too.

Backtrack the best you can to when you noticed it working and when it wasn't. What was installed, what got changed, etc and report back.

Dreamonic wrote:
Hey,

Were you trying to flash your vBIOS by any chance? It looks as though you did... Optimus config, unable to power on the dGPU most likely because incorrect Device/Subvendor ID of ROM was used in flashing... but assumptions aside.

Have you checked whether or not the same error occurs under Windows 8/8.1 yet? Have you updated your Chipset drivers too?

Some results with online searches indicate a registry or driver related issue. Since Windows 10 has its own unique inherited list of problems, this might be one of them with your particular system, regardless of fresh install, could be related to your hardware issue too.

Backtrack the best you can to when you noticed it working and when it wasn't. What was installed, what got changed, etc and report back.

Hello Dreamonic, thanks for your reply.

This laptop belongs to my younger sister. She mostly uses it for her college courses needing the horsepower for rendering 3D models and such. She recently came home for the holidays, and she told me she was having a few issues with the laptop. She has zero tech skills, and this is the first time I lay hands on it. I doubt anyone messed around with any bios flashing.

The error does happen with windows 8/8.1. I restored the machine thinking it was a corrupted driver, but the issue was still present even after the factory reset. Before the factory reset, she was running windows 10. I believe she ran "free" upgrade Microsoft is pushing at this time. I also ran a clean install of windows 10. The device was still showing error code 10, even without the chipset drivers. I believe it was labeled as "pci -to-pci bridge" or something similar.

My sister noticed the performance drop as she was working on one of her projects. She also tells me the fans on the laptop kicked up really loud. The fans seem like they're stuck on 100% as well. I'm guessing they're the vid card fans. This is a big problem since she's usually in studio doing her work, and a lot of the students seem to have an issue with that sort of noise.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

mindrestx wrote:
Hello Dreamonic, thanks for your reply.

This laptop belongs to my younger sister. She mostly uses it for her college courses needing the horsepower for rendering 3D models and such. She recently came home for the holidays, and she told me she was having a few issues with the laptop. She has zero tech skills, and this is the first time I lay hands on it. I doubt anyone messed around with any bios flashing.

The error does happen with windows 8/8.1. I restored the machine thinking it was a corrupted driver, but the issue was still present even after the factory reset. Before the factory reset, she was running windows 10. I believe she ran "free" upgrade Microsoft is pushing at this time. I also ran a clean install of windows 10. The device was still showing error code 10, even without the chipset drivers. I believe it was labeled as "pci -to-pci bridge" or something similar.

My sister noticed the performance drop as she was working on one of her projects. She also tells me the fans on the laptop kicked up really loud. The fans seem like they're stuck on 100% as well. I'm guessing they're the vid card fans. This is a big problem since she's usually in studio doing her work, and a lot of the students seem to have an issue with that sort of noise.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

Hey, did you solve this problem? Mine is exactly the same!
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

Dreamonic wrote:
Hey,

Were you trying to flash your vBIOS by any chance? It looks as though you did... Optimus config, unable to power on the dGPU most likely because incorrect Device/Subvendor ID of ROM was used in flashing... but assumptions aside..

Dreamonic,
Not to sound stupid but how does one flash my GPU's vBios?
I'm familiar with flashing the regular bios but do you have a "how to link" specific for Asus/Nvidia 870M ?

Thanks in advance..

Dreamonic
Level 12
PM sent.

Hello,

I have an n550JX and I'm having the same problem, seems to persist between Windows and Ubuntu. I get error code 10 on the PCI express controller, but neither my GTX 950m nor my internal intel wireless card are detected.

I have a USB wireless card that is letting me post this, but have tried just about everything to get the two internal cards to work with no luck. ASUS support just suggested I do a system restore and RMA, does anyone have any other suggestions before I send it back?

Was this ever solved? I have the same issue...

Dreamonic
Level 12
Not stupid at all to ask that. You can follow the Flashing guide at my site (red link in signature) for that.

If you got any concerns or questions, just PM me there if you want.

Hello, same problem here, the GeForce GTX 850M not showing in the device manager and there is a problem with the PCI Exp. controller, see picture below:

Can you help me please?

I cannot find a guide for GTX850m flashing on your site. 😞

Thank you.