cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Black screen

Beserker
Level 7
Hello. i just wondering if anybody else have this problem with the asus rog swift pg278q.

At desktop it works fine, but when i play games, any games if that matters it random appears black screen, Not for long just blinking and return to normal. The entire screen is black. Its completly random and dunno what to do.
Is this normal for this montitor or should i send it back?
i already created a RMA because of hard to turn on this monitor after been shutdown for awhile, i need to reconnect the power cable and then it turns on. but thats not the issue now, this damn black screen is..

help?

Evga Gtx 970 ftw +
3 REPLIES 3

InfernoStorm
Level 10
I'm guessing you're connected via DisplayPort? Which video card do you have?

yes. display port. tried a different cable aswell. Forgot to add that. gtx 970 evga ftw +

InfernoStorm
Level 10
It's a common issue with GTX 970 cards, you can check as there are many other threads regarding this issue. This is not just an issue with ASUS cards but all other brands as well. Best to contact EVGA ASAP and maybe they'll upgrade you to a higher model because from what I know, there aren't any new drivers from Nvidia or any new BIOS created by manufacturers that can resolve the issue completely.