CaseCorsair 750D
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 850
    Keyboard SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading to windows 10 & BIOS question

Alright so today I'll be upgrading to windows 10.

I'll be completely wiping my entire SSD & perform a clean install of windows 10 using a bootable USB drive.
    I'm still using BIOS Version 802 for Windows 8.1 64Bit.

So how should I go about updating my BIOS? Like at what point in the upgrade process should I update the BIOS?

Thanks in advance.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

If your going to do it I'd do it beforehand while you still have windows 8.1 installed and make sure everything is okie first.

Bios flashback is probably the safest and best way of ensuring you don't get a corrupted bios, by using a USB drive with the Bios file renamed to R5E.Cap on it then inserted into the special Rog Connect USB port under the PS2 Keyboard connector at the back of the machine.

Make sure you put it in the right port and also ensure you not any custom bios settings and voltages etc as it wipes them for the bios, along with any saved settings, then just press the bios flashback button on the back of the machine as outlined in the manual the LED's will blink while its doing don't touch anything while it is and let it complete till the LED's stop flashing.

Then you done, just enter bios and set your machine up again.

You can flash the bios from within the Bios too though TBH I've had it corrupt my bios and also when copying it to the second chip.

ROG Member Array Frankz PC Specs
    Frankz PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 5820K | 4.0Ghz 1.07v Daily | 4.6Ghz 1.31v Gaming
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB F4-2400C15-16GRR
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU2
    MonitorAcer GR235H
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
    Storage #2WD Blue 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105
    CaseCorsair 750D
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 850
    Keyboard SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkstorm View Post
    If your going to do it I'd do it beforehand while you still have windows 8.1 installed and make sure everything is okie first.

Bios flashback is probably the safest and best way of ensuring you don't get a corrupted bios, by using a USB drive with the Bios file renamed to R5E.Cap on it then inserted into the special Rog Connect USB port under the PS2 Keyboard connector at the back of the machine.

Make sure you put it in the right port and also ensure you not any custom bios settings and voltages etc as it wipes them for the bios, along with any saved settings, then just press the bios flashback button on the back of the machine as outlined in the manual the LED's will blink while its doing don't touch anything while it is and let it complete till the LED's stop flashing.

Then you done, just enter bios and set your machine up again.

You can flash the bios from within the Bios too though TBH I've had it corrupt my bios and also when copying it to the second chip.
    Alright thanks for explaining everything so well, I haven't updated my BIOS in over a year so my "know-how" is a lil rusty ;P. & Good that you mention the corrupt bios thing cus I was probably going to update it using the BIOS flash within the bios lol.
    But uhm, which BIOS should I be taking? The Windows 8.1 version or will i be fine using Windows 10 version even though my machine will still be running Windows 8.1?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Menthol PC Specs
    Menthol PC Specs
    MotherboardM 10 Apex / XI gene
    Processor8700K / 9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4266/2x2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4500
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti / GTX 1060
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Ae5 / Onboard
    MonitorBENQ 32" 4K
    Storage #1Intel 900p 480GB/Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 1.2TB/Plextor 1 TB 2X 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i AIO / H1110i
    CaseCorsair 740 ? Lian Li Air
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i / AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair
    Mouse ASUS Strix
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea

The bios version has nothing to do with your OS version, if your system is stable with the bios you have you don't necessarily have to update it at all, if you plan on installing a NVME drive such as the Samsung 950 pro or Intel 750 then I believe bios 1302 and up supports the new drives
    Flashback is the best way to flash your bios, make sure to follow instructions but Ezflash from withing the bios works equally as well, just read and follow the instructions carefully