cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aida 64 will pass, RealBench will not pass

Pleot
Level 8
So, after getting a rock solid overclock on the 4300 hz range on minimal voltages I pumped up a little and tried the 4500 hz range.

With pretty acceptable voltages still, the machine would pass 10 hours aida 64 stress. I was happy with this until I tried RealBench - RealBench would fail within the first 15 min where Aida would hold 10 hours with same settings. But still while gaming (nothing heavy though) the system would not fail in any way.

So, what should I think about this? Trust aida results or suspect tehm taking in consideration the RealBench result?
25 REPLIES 25

Menthol
Level 14
RealBench is tougher on your system than AIDA64 and may require more voltage and more voltage means higher temperatures or better cooling, it is your system and whatever works for you is what you should be concerned about, stress tests and benchmarks are great tools for testing your system and comparing your system to others, but as long as it is stable doing everything you do, starts every time, resume from sleep, etc. than it's stable for you

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Aida 64

Realbench

OCCT

Z

Pleot
Level 8
Very self explanatory 😄

Now I got another problem - where AIDA and REALBENCH passed, OCCT will fail within the first five minutes, damn it 😄 Just tried it...

Back to the voltages 😄

Qwinn
Level 11
Yep, I ran for months on a 4.5Ghz OC that I thought was perfectly stable, until I ran OCCT within 10 minutes and it failed (consistently). My current 4.4Ghz OC can run OCCT for 8 hours without a problem.

It is worth it though. When I thought my 4.5Ghz was perfectly stable, I would still - very rarely - get issues booting or a rare freeze when alt-tabbing between programs. It was rare enough that I was willing to blame software conflicts or "just a fluke". But the current 4.4 OC doesn't have any of these issues.

Pleot
Level 8
I have a problem with OCCT - it does not report correct temps, the program sensor inflates them, readings are way to high, I can confirm it if running diferent temp reader side by side...

Qwinn
Level 11
My OCCT temps are consistent with temps in HwInfo64.

Pleot
Level 8
Must be something I dont know how to fix, all temp mon progs are fine except for OCCT, much higher temps then real... It will report 80-90 while my temps are 60-70