cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Memory Problems

TimeBandit
Level 7
Hello,

I have a problem with this mobo and the G.Skill TridentX F3-2400C10D-16GTX memory.
If i put the memory on 2133Mhz and the timings on 9,11,11,27, my pc get an error screen in games. This doesnt happen if i set the memory in Bios on auto. Can anyone help me to put up the correct timings? Coz if i set it in Bios on auto, i automaticly set it to the lowest Mhz. But i didnt bought this memory to run it on low Mhz.

Specs:
Mobo: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU: AMD FX-9590 at 4.7GHz cooled NZXT Kraken x61
GPU: 2 Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X in crossfire
Memory: G.Skill TridentX F3-2400C10D-16GTX
PSU: 1200Watt Sirtek Rock Solid
Screen: LG 29" Ultra Wide 2560x1080
5 REPLIES 5

TimeBandit
Level 7
Forgot to mention:

At a fresh boot in the morning a get a code on mobo, its either 40 or 66 and when i restart i get code AA

TimeBandit wrote:
Forgot to mention:

At a fresh boot in the morning a get a code on mobo, its either 40 or 66 and when i restart i get code AA

I was never able to get my 4 sticks of DDR-2133 Radeon branded memory to run at 2133, stable. Tried all sorts of settings. My guess is that the memory controller starts losing its ability to maintain a high clock like 2133/2400 with all 4 banks populated, with say 32GB of RAM.

Certain brands/models of memory seem to have success at high clocks---people on this board have had success, but I've accepted that my sticks will not go any higher than 1866 without me bumping voltages outside of the safe region. Considering that I'm already bumping voltages significantly for CPU overclocking, I'm not sure I want yet another source of wilting heat for the slight performance gain going from 1866 to 2133 would yield me in games.

blppt wrote:
I was never able to get my 4 sticks of DDR-2133 Radeon branded memory to run at 2133, stable. Tried all sorts of settings. My guess is that the memory controller starts losing its ability to maintain a high clock like 2133/2400 with all 4 banks populated, with say 32GB of RAM.

Certain brands/models of memory seem to have success at high clocks---people on this board have had success, but I've accepted that my sticks will not go any higher than 1866 without me bumping voltages outside of the safe region. Considering that I'm already bumping voltages significantly for CPU overclocking, I'm not sure I want yet another source of wilting heat for the slight performance gain going from 1866 to 2133 would yield me in games.
On another forum they said this was a perfect memory for this mobo. But all i see is expansive memory that isnt working correct with this mobo. I asked them how they set everything in BIOS. But none of them can or want to answer it....

TimeBandit wrote:
On another forum they said this was a perfect memory for this mobo. But all i see is expansive memory that isnt working correct with this mobo. I asked them how they set everything in BIOS. But none of them can or want to answer it....

Try doing a search for "2133" or "2400" on this forum...my bet is that somebody somewhere will list the settings they used. I'm sure I've seen a couple of posts about it. Sorry I couldnt be any help.

chrsplmr
Level 18
TimeBandit ... Welcome to ROG.
also, May I suggest you look here >>> http://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/?Laptop=desktop&CPU=amd&gpu=all&Core=Crosshair&...
RealBench is not only a benchmark but a real good fine tuning instrument for stability/performace.
((click on the scores to see their settings and equipment used .. keep in mind that many of the top scores use tweaks
to their computer targeted at top score, ie .. shutting down unnecessary programs.))
Tuning memory to run at those speeds stable in gaming take patience, trial and error.
Best of Luck ... Keep us posted. .c.