BIOS Revision: 1302
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 2400Mhz
GPU: EVGA nVidia GTX 780 SC (slot 3)
PCIE: Avermedia Capture Card (slot 6)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Issue One
Windows can see and use my PCI-E devices. An EVGA nVidia GTX 780 SC in slot three and an Avermedia Capture Card in slot 6. They work fine. Afterburner can see the GPU and the Avermedia software works with the Capture Card.

My problem is, neither of the devices show in the NB PCIE Configuration page. I’ve included a shot of the BIOS below.

NB PCIE CONFIGURATION

GPU POST
The GPU will display in the TOOLS/GPU POST section of the BIOS though.

As well as the nVidia GPU and the Avermedia Capture Card, I have also used an AMD R9 380 GPU. This shows up in GPU POST and also works in Windows, but does not show up elsewhere in the BIOS.

I have tried all the other slots on the board and have the same issue. All work fine in Windows but do not display in the NB PCIE CONFIGURATION page of the bios.

Issue Two
Also, I have an issue with the ‘Last BIOS time’ in Windows’ Task Manager and I can't work out the cause.

From a cold boot to Windows 10 takes around 20 seconds. Windows' task manager shows this correctly with the 'Last Bios Time' clocking in at around 18 - 20 seconds.

However, if I do a reboot from within Windows. Let the PC restart and boot Windows again, which takes around 20 seconds again. The 'Last Bios Time' in the task manager increases to the uptime of the system since the first cold boot. So in this case it would show around 90 seconds which is the time I sat there staring at the computer in confusion.

If I do another reboot, it will increase the bios time further. I've seen it go up to 5820 seconds when I left it on for some time.

Oh and under task manager, my RAM shows as 32GB Other.

Issue Three
Finally, If I enabled Intel-VT in the BIOS and boot into Windows. Task Manager and other programs such as CPU-Z report no L3 cache. Is this normal? The command line will show the L3 cache, with a command I have forgotten, but it doesn’t show elsewhere. Disabling Intel-VT brings the L3 cache back.

Finally
I've re-seated all of the cards, re-seated the CPU, Checked for bent and/or missing pins on the socket, reset the CMOS, tried earlier versions of the UEFI, etc. To no avail.

The BIOS occasionally locks up too.
Windows will sometimes crash, at stock, without BSOD'ing and will reboot
RAM will disappear. Sometimes I have 32GB, sometimes, 28GB, 24GB and 16GB.
This morning I had the board say overclocking had failed even though it was still at stock.

Am I looking at an RMA of the board/CPU/etc?
I'd appreciate any help!
0 REPLIES 0