cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow USB 3.0 speeds on Maximus Gene VIII

Superus
Level 7
I'm coming from an Asus Maximus VII motherboard/i7 4790K to an i7 6700K/Maximus VIII. I never had any USB 3.0 issues on the VII motherboard. Data Transfer speed on my SSD to my PNY 128GB 3.0 Stick averaged about 70MB always. Now i'm getting 20MB on the Maximus VIII board. Transfering from my PNY USB 3.0 to my SSD use to be 160-170MB on the VII. Now i'm getting 120MB or less on the VIII.

I have all the drivers installed, AI suite 3.0 installed, Turbo enabled.

I don't know what else to do.
6 REPLIES 6

I have a Asus Maximus Hero VIII and I have the same problem. My USB 3.0 Stick so great not transfer above 25 MB.
I installed the latest drivers, BIOS and a clean installation of Windows 1 pro.

Yes, I'm on the latest BIOs 1302, I'm not sure what's going on. Is it possible the motherboard is no good?

Chino
Level 15

My primary SSD drive is a 850 Pro 512GB, I have a file that's about 20GB on the SSD. When i move that file to the USB i'm getting slow transfer speeds of 20MB-25MB. If i'm dragging files from the USB to the SSD i'm getting 120MB. where as before i was topping at 70mb/170mb

All using the same file
It would take a bit to get it on the usb in the first place

Tried a different brand new PNY 128GB 3.0 Stick and the speeds are really low 20-30mb. It's definitely the motherboard and i'm going to seek replacement