cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS what is WRONG with You?! No Win10 support for G75VW?

code9523
Level 9
I want to thank to ASUS "fantastic" support! Probably worst customers support ever! I understand that nobody care here and on official site about users and if you got asus product it is your problem and no body else!
I paid 1500USD for G75VW laptop at start of sale own it for couple years but it has absolutely no support! The latest drivers are for windows 8 and some for windows 8.1 and where updated in 2013! Now is 2016 and windows 10 upgrade etc and no one care about people who use g75 in 2016 absolutely no driver updates for a new OS.
For me I looks like: WE TOOK YOUR MONEY! GOOD BYE!
Is it so difficult to support users I don't know but I will newer deal with you again!
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH
8 REPLIES 8

C4RN1
Level 9
Let's get this straight...

You have owned at least 6 different Asus laptops and didn't know this was going to happen? They never support the older models.

You can either load windows 7, load the drivers and upgrade to 10.

OR

You can load windows 10 from scratch and then try to use the windows 7, 8, 8.1 drivers listed on the site.

Your machine will work, it just won't have windows 10 certified drivers (you may experience bugs and have to hunt down a solution).

This has always been the case with hardware from various manufacturers, I don't understand why you think it's only Asus that does it.

Don't forget the Sticky on the very top of the older g series

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?72299-G75VW-VIA-AUDIO-WINDOWS-10-Work-Around

skidoo
Level 7
I wont put down Asus over this.
But, I would have to say, I haven't owned my G75VX all that long.
I know Win 8 was a disaster, and although Win 8.1 was better, Microsoft still decided to Come out with Win 10.
Which is basically a Win 7/Win 8.1 thrown together, best of.
I do feel like Asus could have taken a look at supplying some Drivers certified for Win 10.
That being said....I am no where near as mad about Asus, than I am with ATI and the lack of help for some video cards
that aren't that old, but gave no support for drivers for Win 10.
I would still consider Asus in the future (although I will look around), but, I will never buy a AMD card again!
Nvidia only for the future.

Clintlgm
Level 14
Code9523 why bother with windows 10 at all. You don't need it for anything at all. The G75VW runs very well on windows 7 or 8.1 with all features working.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Vlada011
Level 10

Julskey
Level 10
I have a g74sx. Restred laptop to original factory ootb state, removed bestbuy bloatware and upgraded to win10. All seems to be working fine. I like how it performs now so ill be keeping win 10 on it.

Julskey wrote:
I have a g74sx. Restred laptop to original factory ootb state, removed bestbuy bloatware and upgraded to win10. All seems to be working fine. I like how it performs now so ill be keeping win 10 on it.

You mind sharing which drivers you used? I would like to upgrade but afraid the install my Bork my g74 due to no dedicated win 10 drivers. Thanks!

I'm on a G75VW-AH71. I updated to Windows 10 not long after it came out. I originally had issues with Windows update replacing touchpad (Synaptics) & sound (VIA) drivers with less functional ones, but that's been worked out since. I'm now on the 1511 version with no issues to speak of. I wouldn't hesitate to update it again.

TokoDude
Level 10
I have Windows 10 installed everything works fine except my sound sucks 😛
We pay very much for these laptops a little extra support for the major problems would be nice.

I have seen a few times even that old computers (5-8 years old or more) receive special updates/fixes.
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung