cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G551JM What driver is needed to make FN+F9 work with windows 10?

ivo001
Level 7
I hate having my touchpad activated because sometimes I accidently touch it while typing which messes up where I am typing.
I almost always have a physical mouse which I use, so I would like to disable my touchpad with the FN+F9 hotkey. However, after about every windows update the hotkey just doesn't work anymore.

I tried reinstalling the Windows 10 ATK package, but it even disabled my keyboard backlight hotkeys (FN+F3/F4). I had to install the ATK package driver for windows 8 to make it work again.

I want to be able to disable/enable my touchpad with a hotkey.
3 REPLIES 3

Gps3dx
Level 12
Hi there Ivo001...
welcome to the ROG community.

I suggest you take a look at the following sticky thread:"G751 How to change the Steam, Shadowplay buttons and Backlight timeout settings" and especially in my guide, in one of the latest posts in that thread.

There, you can read ( look under step 6 substep 4.) that different ATK package versions contains compatibility to a specific touchpad driver ( look at this list for the two different touchpad drivers )

Thus, you need to know which type of driver you've installed on your system - then you can know which ATK version you need to install.
OR - you can download the relevant ATK driver, extract its files, and copy the relevant .exe components that are using by the ATK driver ( again - see my guide in the sticky thread for more info )
Also, if you try to force installing a driver on win10 - it is always a good idea to DISABLE ANY INTERNET CONNECTION ( eth, wifi etc.. ) before the installation... install and reboot... only then restore internet connection.
this is the crap with win10... why ? cuz in some cases of driver installation this "trick" is needed, as win10 automatically installs it own drivers when a device is missing driver, in the middle of the 3rd party driver installation process.

Last but not least - a small request: 😮
In the future, please try to locate an ALREADY OPENED THREAD OF THE SAME SUBJECT you want to ask/reply/discuss.
That way, the ROG community can have a "library" of the SAME SUBJECT IN ONE THREAD - thus make it easy for them to search/debate that subject IN A CONCENTRATED PLACE - FOR THE BENEFITS OF OTHERS USERS. 🙂
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Hello Gps3dx,

Thanks for your help.
I've executed all steps from 1 till 9, but still my touchpad toggle does nothing. I did get a nice visual notification when adjusting keyboard backlight brightness though. When i try to toggle my touchpad, a loading circle appears next to my cursor, but nothing seems to happen.

I'm having trouble executing substep 6.2. Cmd just gives me info on how the command msiexec is supposed to be used.

ivo001 wrote:
Hello Gps3dx,
I'm having trouble executing substep 6.2. Cmd just gives me info on how the command msiexec is supposed to be used.

sorry for the late response - i'm a student in the middle of exams period.

I'll appreciate that we continue this issue talk in the following thread: :"G751 How to change the Steam, Shadowplay buttons and Backlighttimeout settings" so others can learn from the replies as well.
please note that i've uploaded "AsusNbKeys_Win8_10_FIX.zip" under step 6 - so no need to perform the CMD advanced steps.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]