cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Build complete, but having a few issues.

JustStarting
Level 9
Hi all

Built my first PC yesterday. Everything went well with no issues and I have had no problem installing latest bios, drivers and other software and had the pc running a good 5/6 hours and managed a game or two without any issues.

Then I installed AI suit 3

Its set my fans on full speed and nothing I change will slow them back down. The pc runs quite through boot then as soon as the desktop shows they ramp up. i have 7 case fans, 3 in the front connected via a fan controller (H440) 3 in the roof combined (3pin-4pin)to a single header (360 aio) and a single fan on the back.

Yet fan xpert 3 does not detect them. What can I do to gain control of theses fans?

Thanks

Hero viii
Fractal Design-Kelvin S36 < the main source of noise
Gskill trident Z at 3200
Matrix 980 ti
54 REPLIES 54

Chino
Level 15

I need some help badly

I ran the ai-3 suite and it overclocked my cpu to 4.8 2cores at 4.8 and 2 at 4.6 any way after this had run and done its thing I logged into a game a few hours down the line my pc crashed and now nothing I do will get it to work.

I am stuck in a cycle of BSOD with different mess

I cannot enter safe mode F8? as this brings boot mode up and never enters safe mode if clicking F8 after selecting the boot drive.

I cannot boot from a disk it loaded up one time then failed and since then has never entered the recovery section again. I cannot even get to a option to install windows again.

I have changed the ssd out for a harddrive and still getting BSOD or unable to boot windows cd up

What the hell has happened????

JustStarting wrote:
I need some help badly

I ran the ai-3 suite and it overclocked my cpu to 4.8 2cores at 4.8 and 2 at 4.6 any way after this had run and done its thing I logged into a game a few hours down the line my pc crashed and now nothing I do will get it to work.

I am stuck in a cycle of BSOD with different mess

I cannot enter safe mode F8? as this brings boot mode up and never enters safe mode if clicking F8 after selecting the boot drive.

I cannot boot from a disk it loaded up one time then failed and since then has never entered the recovery section again. I cannot even get to a option to install windows again.

I have changed the ssd out for a harddrive and still getting BSOD or unable to boot windows cd up

What the hell has happened????

Go back into the bios and set to optimized settings, save and reset. You can then try to overclock again, but you might want to do it through the bios instead. It could be that you need to increase the vcore at that frequency.

NemesisChild
Level 12
Suggest uninstalling Al Suite and overclocking via the bios.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Yes I wan to do it via the bios I just thought I would test the water so to speak.

I cannot uninstall due to not being able to get into windows. I have reset back to default's and still get greated with a BSOD

I have had so many now at least 8 different faults and some repeats but I just cannot get into windows or get the windows disk to work.

Edit I am switching between 2 pc right now so may take a while to reply but trying to get this fixed and back working. all was working lovely till I decided to start messing about with programs.

Janne-71
Level 7
Have you changed hardware configuration at all after it was working well? Moved wires etc. because if some wires are misplaced it may lead to bsods (personal expirience). Otherwise resetting defaults from bios should work in my oppinion.

I only had basics plugged in keyboard mouse monitor internet headphones.

2x 8gb of ram removed one retried same outcome, tried the other again same.

Have tried to load up without the ssd just the diskdrive (not into windows) tried with the harddrive of this pc just to see if it would reinstall again and the same outcome.

I don't get why when I order the cd drive to boot first the windows cd does not try to 1-reinstall or 2-repair

Also how the hell do I get into safe mode, if I could get here I should be able to over come the issues I am having

is it f8 on a hero viii coz it never works

Who does my CD drive show up twice ?

uefi and p2 both showing 3000+ mbs ( windows cd)

Why the hell can I not boot the windows disk up.

acrane76
Level 7
You might want to navigate back into the bios, and check your temps.