Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

By the way how things are turning out, it could might just be the CPU. I remember a case where a user was unable to install Windows as well. The cause was a bad CPU core. He disabled it them one by one and found the bad one.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    By the way how things are turning out, it could might just be the CPU. I remember a case where a user was unable to install Windows as well. The cause was a bad CPU core. He disabled it them one by one and found the bad one.
    I called the shop today and its going back to be tested. I am afraid that there receive the cpu and nothing will shown there end and I get it back and stilbe suffering the same issues. Part of me really doubt its the CPU as i said before would it allow a memtest, and to post if it was bad?

What an annoying past few days. Now the turn around is 5-7 days and id guess at least 3/4 before i have an answer.

New ROGer Array firekiller43 PC Specs
    firekiller43 PC Specs
    MotherboardMAXIMUS VIII HERO
    Memory (part number)HX424C15FBK2/16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 770 SC 2GB
    Sound CardASUS PHOEBUS
    MonitorASUS VG278
    Storage #1CRICIAL M500 480GB
    Storage #2WD 500GB
    CPU CoolerCOOLER MASTER 512 EVO
    CaseANTEC 900
    Power SupplyANTEC 850W QUATTRO
    Keyboard LOGITECH G15
    Mouse LOGITECH G500s
    Headset SENNHEISER PC 350
    Network RouterASUS RT-66U

Hi juststarting,

I wanted to post this a few days ago but i just joined forum and had to wait.

last thusrsday (7th) just upgraded my MB/CPU/RAM. maximus III hero, 6700k, 2x8Gb kingston HYPER x DDR 2400
    and i kept my gtx 770 waiting for pascal. also I alredy had a crucial m500 480gb ssd.

Got them a the computer shop to swap all the parts(1300$ in canada so..) and brought it home to install windows myself.(they did bios update to 1302)
    was told at the puter place to install windows 7 & first and do all the upgrades, then install windows 10 since i have never used windows 10 and validated it with my windows 7 pro key.
    I started installing windows 7 had some issues with the mouse not working but plugging in a new G500s made it work ( ibought like 4 of of them last year cause they were on sale and i love them)
    I have since read the the asus tutorial on how to do this proprely (thanks Chino) somehow I got it working without doing it.

Downloded the windows 10 usb upgrade tool installed it all was fine.

Saturday has some spare time installed all the asus bloatware and did the 5 way optimazation on ai suite 3 , OC to 4.8 thought wow this is great and easy, I'm not new to computers but hey if it does it itself why not, had things to do didnt touch it till sunday.

now sunday the **** starts, try to do a restart, puter hangs, screen goes black all the fans are running led's are on on my case the only way to reboot is to power off the PSU.

after a few times of this, I said **** this, I got into BIOS reset it to default values to get rid of OC settings, and decide to reformat as suspected the asus ai suite was ****, plugged in the usb stick with windows 10 and it did the same thing exactly as the photos you posted. would start to load and post the same error message .

what i then did is put my windows 7 cd in and installed that, I didn't do any of the windows 7 upgrades, then i put in the usb with windows 10 and it worked flawlessly.

Everthing is working great but i have not installed any of the asus bloatware, and am running stock speeds witch should be fine for what I do.

Having known these problems would arise in advance I would have not updated to this hardware until later, the only reason I am is because i'm on the preorder list for oculus rift that has a delivery date for april , I would have done this upgrade then.
    Last edited by firekiller43; 01-14-2016 at 03:40 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by firekiller43 View Post
    Hi
    My CPU has gone back to be tested now. Though I doubt they will find an issue... who knows? Something is not right, part of me hopes they do and then i know a new cpu and the issue is solved. If this comes back okay and tested and fully working. I will try an install of windows 7 first then up to 10. that is if i can get windows 7 to install.

but I dont wanna think about that right now lol as i have been proper stressed out about this and just want to get it set up and working again. Ive a new GFX card and new games going to waist here. Thanks for the reply

ROG Member Array light007speed PC Specs
    light007speed PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Toshiba Satellite P-70 17"
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero VIII Hero Alpha
    ProcessorIntel 6700K Skylake @ 4.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Trident Z 32Gb (4x 8Gb)
    Graphics Card #1MSi GTX 980 4Gb's
    Graphics Card #2*in another yr or 2, get another 980 & SLI :)
    MonitorAcer 27" 1440p IPS gaming display
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe PCIe 512Gb
    Storage #23x Samsung Evo 500Gb in RAID 0
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken x61 AIO
    CaseNZXT 450 Noctis
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750i
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair Sabre Gaming RGB mouse
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries L Heavy 6mm thick black Pad.
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623 THX certified 2.1 speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro (64bit)
    Network RouterNetgear C6300DB (Telstra Gateway Max) DOCSIS3.0
    Accessory #1 Asus AC68 Wireless AC-1900 Dual-band 802.11ac
    Accessory #2 WD My Passport 2TB drive
    Accessory #3 Seagate 2Tb Backup Plus Slim drive

Skylake & Asus rocks!! :)

on my first Skylake build too. the Hero 8 is a great all rounder, great OC abilities

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6