cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Issues with 1302 on Max VIII hero

andmanpro
Level 7
so i updated from 0802 to 1302 today, and my sound started gettting poppy and static like an old record player. wondering if anyone has had trouble with this. i updated all audio and video drivers, still the same issue. ready to revert to 802 in the morning to see if it resolves the problem.
9 REPLIES 9

said53
Level 7
post your spec

js2015
Level 7
andmanpro wrote:
so i updated from 0802 to 1302 today, and my sound started gettting poppy and static like an old record player. wondering if anyone has had trouble with this. i updated all audio and video drivers, still the same issue. ready to revert to 802 in the morning to see if it resolves the problem.

Hi, did you install the "RAMCACHE" SW ? try to disable if help

All my specs are right under my username.
Ramcache seems to have no effect.
Its also very random. Sometimes its fine, but the more things i have going the worse it gets, especially when i surf the web. turning off my overclocking and running stock on my i5 seems to help. friend has suggested power input issue.

well, an hour or so in this morning with web browser, i tunes playing and wow running and not having any issues.....perhaps windows update found the issue. knocking on wood, will bump if it comes back, but not touching anything for now

Edit: very very few coming through but minor static still sometimes. trying to redo audio drivers now.

Update: well its looking like it actually was RAMcache oddly.
i reinstalled audio drivers, still sounded bad, and while it was popping real bad a steadily while playing music, i turned of ramcache and it instantly cleared up, guess i acidentally restarted it last time i tried it. but all seems clear for now.
will update if it comes up again and when/how long. thx for the tips. hope this hold

Edit : ramcache V 2.01.02
JS2015 did this version cause the same problem for you?

I just started having static as well as a lower level last night. I'm using 1202 (M8H) and haven't changed since November however. The only change I made was updating the Asus Lighting Program. I do not use RAMCache. I am using the latest Realtek drivers available dated 11/25 on the support site I believe.

phi1316 wrote:
I just started having static as well as a lower level last night. I'm using 1202 (M8H) and haven't changed since November however. The only change I made was updating the Asus Lighting Program. I do not use RAMCache. I am using the latest Realtek drivers available dated 11/25 on the support site I believe.

realtek driver is crappy !
dont use that !
only install audio driver with using windows update !

boooooooom !
issue gone !
im on 1202 from several months of release !
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Skylake
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero
Avexir Blitz Series 16GB 4X4GB 3000Mhz CL15 DDR4
GIGABYTE GTX980 G1 Gaming OC
Corsair 2x 128GB Gs series ssD, ADATA 1x SX900 256G, Samsung Evo 850 500G, Seagate Baracuda 1TB, WD Blue 1TB
ASUS MX279H - Full HD AH-IPS LED
Razer Kraken
Razer DEATHSTALKER EXPERT Gaming
Razer DEATHADDER 4G 6400dpi
Razer Guantler Control Edition
Antec 900w High Current Gaming
Corsair Graphite 780T Black - Corsair H100i
http://valid.x86.fr/yb0b85

Bahz
Level 12
Here's the answer directly from our engineer:

RAMCache software is known to increase latency within the computer system, leading sometimes to audio output issues.

Windows OS uses 2G or 1G of the total available RAM in case of a 64bit or 32bit system. In addition, RAMCache software gives the user the possibility to cache up to 5G of RAM during its usage. In the case of a 64bit system with 8G of total RAM, this means that only 8-2-5=1G of RAM only may remain available for all the other applications run by the system. 1G of RAM might not be enough to support all of the applications needs and thus lead to high levels of latency and audio output issues (popping)

The next version of RAMCache will address this issue by automatically adjusting the maximum of RAM that can be cached in order to give the rest of the system a minimum of 30% of the total available RAM, thus always giving the system enough resources to keep the latency to acceptable low levels.

Until this new version comes out, please make sure RAMCache does not use up too much resources from your system to avoid latency and audio issues.