cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY Disassembly GUIDE needed - Replace Subwoofer options

diogogmaio
Level 7
Hello guys.

My Asus G751jY is in pretty awesome condition despite the audio issue from the subwoofer and stuff.
Can I replace my subwoofer or speakers to try to fix by myself this issue.
RMA didn't do nothing...still the same...
I want to solve by myself.
Anyone?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
here there are videos if u google G751 disassembly or teardown , there was a post long time ago in this thread about replacing the speakers
http://www.laptopultra.com/guide/asus-rog-g751-disassembly/
the audio issue is not hardware but software I think.

toronto699 wrote:
here there are videos if u google G751 disassembly or teardown , there was a post long time ago in this thread about replacing the speakers
http://www.laptopultra.com/guide/asus-rog-g751-disassembly/
the audio issue is not hardware but software I think.

If it is software I never achieved a great sound quality. There is not even one person with a good g751jy...And the people who say they have good sound settings they are just used for hide the sound problem not to fix.

I wish this is only software related but i do not believe it.

TheWitcher
Level 7
Aeolisio had a thread somewhere on here with that info if you can find it.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I don't think replacing speakers is going to make a difference. I've never heard a laptop that had good sound quality, ever. Some are less repulsive than others but none are good. If you want good quality sound its going to take either good headphones/earbuds, good BT speaker system or an external speaker system that can be plugged into the digital output. Personally when Im using it for something where sound quality is a concern I use a Bose Soundlink III BT speaker, easy to set up, no wires and portable.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

toronto699
Level 13