cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g751jy-wh71-wx

Snake01
Level 7
I purchased the laptop on 12/23/15 using all the info on the asus.com website to make up my mind not knowing the issue with turbomaster as it is still listed as a feature on the site to this day. Anyways I was wondering if anyone knows the exact setting for cpu & gpu to make it equal to the +5% stable and safe boost that is claimed to usable and which software would be best to change the settings with.
1 REPLY 1

Edweird
Level 10
The Turbomaster thing is a sales pitch. The thing talks about the GPU only, not the CPU, if I recall correctly.

Anyways, it's referring to a combination of good quality power delivery hardware (this is debatable) and the ASUS ROG GPUTweak utility.

The usual one is for laptops but the JY/JT models you want GPUTweak for Graphics Cards, since the usual one is meant to deal with the integrated GPU in the CPU, which the JY does not have access to on purpose.

Either way, I'd stay away from GPUTweak since MSI Afterburner is an all-around better piece of software. Just set it up, bump GPU core up +135MHz and around +350MHz to memory and see if that's stable for you etc.

For the CPU, use Intel XTU. Just bump up core/cache multipliers to max like the image below and try voltage offset settings like these and see if that's stable for you. This bumps down temps a couple degrees for me while making the CPU veeeeeery slightly more effective and efficient.

There's very little risk involved, a blue screen and a restart at most.