cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT-T7209D "Plugged in, not charging" at 10% battery level

Stephen_MZ
Level 7
It has been 3 months since I have purchased the G751JT and I have started to notice that lately I have been getting the "Plugged in, not charging" notice. I usually let my laptop's battery go down to 10% when I'm gaming and then I usually let it charge back up to around 90%, but lately my laptop doesn't charge for some time and says it's plugged in but not charging (it probably takes 5 to 15 minutes before it starts charging). My question is if I should be worried or is it some sort of feature to prolong the health of the battery?
2 REPLIES 2

Corporal
Level 9
When your Battery is hot due to gaming, your laptop waits for it to cool down. It's a feature to prolong the battery's life,

I usually let my laptop's battery go down to 10% when I'm gaming and then I usually let it charge back up to around 90%

If you are doing it without need, you are decreasing your battery's life unnecessarily. If you want your battery to last longer, keep it plugged whenever you can. There are urban legends telling you to "train" the battery to keep it healthy. Be aware that this does not apply to your battery, as it is Lithium based.

Corporal wrote:
When your Battery is hot due to gaming, your laptop waits for it to cool down. It's a feature to prolong the battery's life,

If you are doing it without need, you are decreasing your battery's life unnecessarily. If you want your battery to last longer, keep it plugged whenever you can. There are urban legends telling you to "train" the battery to keep it healthy. Be aware that this does not apply to your battery, as it is Lithium based.

Ah, I see, thank you for answering my question and for the piece of advice, have a nice day 🙂