cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752vw copying photos so laggy

mocoyR
Level 7
my notebook is gl752vw and it is equipped with fast processor i7 6700hq windows 10. i wonder why is it that when i try to copy a pictures or videos from 'photos' to any drive it gets so laggy that sometimes i even have to restart my laptop. can somebody try it to your laptop or it is just only me who has this problem. Ive updated my laptop to the latest bios.
8 REPLIES 8

Corporal
Level 9
We'll need a bit more information to answer your question.
Where are the photos stored? (SSD/HDD)
Which device do you copy it to?
What is the average speed you experienced? Does it get slower gradually or does it start at this speed?
If possible, please make some screenshots or record a video showing your issue.

it was stored in HDD . I copied it from photo app of windows 10 and paste it to HDD, just trying to duplicate my photos. at least 20 to 30 photos worth 60mb plus all. it doesn't even start copying. the lag starts the moment I right click my mouse or I press cntrl V. and my battery saver is off and the performance of the processor is in maximum. I don't have problem when I try to copy from folder to folder . only from photo app to folder or any drive.

sound like a software based issue with your photo app (whatever that app is) right? maybe try another program to edit/manage your photos?

JustinThyme
Level 13
Ive seen this happen with a corrupt files. If you get a hang as soon as you right click this is almost certainly the case. The software is interrogating the properties of each file being copied, one bad apple and its going to hang.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

it was a pre installed photo app from windows 10

mocoyR
Level 7
I just want someone who will do the same thing. If you have windows 10. could you pls try to open you photo app from windows and then try to copy as many photos as you can . at least 100mb total size and paste it to any drive . or to drive D. and pls post the result. how many seconds before it starts copying, does it lags when you start copying, I just want to confirm that my laptop don't have any issue. I don't care about the photo app, Ive tried copying the the entire folder through my drive which has a total size of 3gb but I don't see any problems. it start copying flawlessly with just a second delay. pls help me.

JustinThyme
Level 13
OK, Just tried it with he default Windows Photo app. Selected 80 photos about 2GB and right click, copy, then open another folder and right click......hang. It locked up windows explorer, folder went to not responding. Closed folder, explorer recovered, open folder again, right click paste and bam they were there. Looks like a problem with a crappy photo app. I use it for viewing and thats about the end of it. If I want to move folders or images around I do it from windows explorer and use tera copy. For editing I use Adobe CS5 or Lightroom.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

thank you