cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY 5.1 Surround Support

thetanaz
Level 7
Or particularly does it support it?I bought a Logitech Z906 sound system but I can only connect it through the stereo cable (left and right channel on one side 3.5m jack on the other connected to the headphone jack on the notebook).I have another 5.1 cable which has 3 jacks on each end (green orange and black).I tried connecting them to the G751 but only the front speakers of the system are recognized when I change it to 5.1 and disconnecting the red and black one doesn't change anything so it's still stereo.Does the notebook actually support 5.1 or am I just being stupid?Running Windows 10.
10 REPLIES 10

BVr77
Level 7
no way, you have to buy an USB Audio card with 5.1 connectors.

2nd solution and the best one IMO is to use an optical connection between your laptop an the z906 SS.

Does that not require an external sound card as well?How do I do this?Thanks

just the cable, the headphone jack doubles as a S/PDIF

thetanaz
Level 7
OH MY GOD THANK YOU DUDE THAT IS AWESOME!I did not know that!I was about to purchase a 100$ sound card..you saved my ass
edit:If it does double isn't it supposed to have a glowing light inside cuz I don't see anything.

no it look like a classic 3.5 jack

Thanks man I even found the right cable and ordered it.I was very frustrated cuz it's a decent audio system and when it's only connected through stereo it doesn't sound as good as it can.

BVr77
Level 7
you're welcome

escha
Level 7
well... I already used g751jy with 5.1 system (from creative), connected with a cable that had 3 stereo 3.5 jacks, same colours as yours.

just make sure to set up for 5.1 the realtek driver... it should pop up after connecting the jacks
it worked g8t

- if sth goes wrong, check in system tray, right click on sound icon and choose "sound playing device" (sth like that, i don't have EN win ver...)
Then select Realtek High Def Audio and click Configure... there you'll find all options to set it up

good luck!

thetanaz
Level 7
I spent 6 hours trying to get it to work,8 different versions of the drivers.None worked.Only the headphone jack outputs to the system when the 3 cables are plugged in so it works as a 2 channel.I connect the red one in the mic hole and i set it to sub/center and then I connect the black one to the line in and set it to rear.It says it recognizes them and I set it to 5.1.I open the wizard and test all the speakers individually.Only the front ones work.Tried a million times and read online and it doesn't work.Had I known that the 3.5 jack doubled as S/PDIF I'd have saved an entire night of worthless research.It is either win 10 bug or something else.Doesn't matter now.