Level 10
Intel EFI RAIDriver 14.8.2.2397
Intel Gigabit UNDI 0.0.09

OROMS:
Intel RST OROM 14.8.2.2397
Intel Boot Agent CL 0.1.06

Microcode 36(2015/08/10)
Realtek module removed.

Big thanks to Unb0rn on the win-raid forums for modding this so fast.

http://www.win-raid.com/t1108f16-Solved-How-to-mod-an-ASUS-Rampage-V-Extreme-BIOS-7.html#msg23867
53 REPLIES 53

smokeintheeye
Level 11
Just want to ask do i flash a modded Bios the same way i flash a stock bios with the USB flash back or do i need to do something different ?

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks

tistou77
Level 13
Use USB Flashback for bios modded
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

madmarc69
Level 7
MOD-BIOS 1902 works fine for me.
@GoNzO: The BIOS Version is 1902, not 1901.

Techotic
Level 7
Can someone post a download link. I'm not a member of the win-raid forum.

Korth
Level 14
I'm trying modded BIOS 1902 and it appears to work fine for me.

I've got some big RAID so I was hoping for even minor performance gains, but so far no noticeable improvements in performance or benchmark scores. But at least my OS doesn't need to load and run that stupid Realtek garbage at boot time.

It appears stable, but 1701 was already fully stable for me so there's really not much room for improvement (and a lot of room for it to break something which worked flawlessly on 1701). I haven't run my usual 24-hour uninterrupted unattended stress-tests yet.

1902 did break my RAID, but this was expected so only a minor waste of time rebuilding and restoring from pre-update backup images. I'm a little unhappy that my 1902 RAID configuration won't run at all on 1701, I can't boot the 1701 segment on my Dual-BIOS without (again) rebuilding the RAIDs for version compliance, so if I stay with 1902 I'll be locked into 1902 without a redundant rollback.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Qwinn
Level 11
Well, this is somewhat surprising. I gave up chasing the 4.5 Ghz unicorn when I realized that my 4.4 Ghz is running hotter now, maxing out at 77c in OCCT. Used to be 74c. Squeezing out that extra 3% is barely worth all the stress test runs, it's not worth having to reapply the thermal paste on top of it.

So, I figured, since I'm going to lock myself in to my 4.4 Ghz OC, let me give it a 24 hour stress test just to be sure. And then, having noted that some folks have claimed they could lower their vcore by as much as 0.05 with the modded BIOS, I figured I'd try lowering it. I'm at over 4.5 hours now in OCCT with vcore 0.015 less than previously. Vcore is 1.235 total adaptive which results in 1.26 under load, vinput is still 1.9, LLC 7. Used to have the same settings but with vcore 1.25 in bios resulting in 1.28 under load. Oh, I did disable Internal PLL Overvoltage too, as I think that's what caused the monitor sleep freeze during that wonder 4.5 hour 4.5 Ghz run I can't duplicate... a known bug that apparently only affects overclocks 4.5 Ghz or greater, but still.

So it does appear the the modded BIOS's do allow stability at lower vcore (or it could be stock 1902 too, actually). Either that or one of my other settings improved stability. No way to know, but happy it's happening.

Oddly, though, lowering vcore from 1.25 to 1.235 didn't lower max temp at all. 77c either way.

Qwinn
Level 11
I swear the best stress test of all is to post my results on this board. 10 minutes after I posted that post, it died. Oh well. Back to the original 1.25/1.28 vcore. For good this time. I mean it! No more unicorn!

Minsekt
Level 7
i rolled back to 1801, i do have some weird issues like i cant get into bios at all, even after cmos reset - press F1 to enter bios - it just keeps booting. safe boot button doesnt work either. and im getting qcode 90 every 2nd boot. 1801 is fine.

Minsekt wrote:
i rolled back to 1801, i do have some weird issues like i cant get into bios at all, even after cmos reset - press F1 to enter bios - it just keeps booting. safe boot button doesnt work either. and im getting qcode 90 every 2nd boot. 1801 is fine.

I wonder if they changed something with the USB on this BIOS, I use the USB2 ports for Keyboard and mouse.