New ROGer Array

Post Z170 Pro Gaming board problems

Hi there,

I purchased a Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard in early December. Initially I didn't experience any problems, but then about 2 weeks ago several problems became apparent:

* Bluetooth stopped working, it was working, but then the icon suddenly disappeared from the system tray, and my bluetooth devices are no longer able to connect. The BTtray.exe is running, but again I have no icon in the system tray. There are no bluetooth devices in device manager. I have checked that the bios setting is enabled, reinstalled the wifi driver and asus bluetooth software. No change. I suspect with the hardware not being present probably suggests this is a hardware fault.
    * As an alternative I began using the mic jack, but I have a lot of noise on this port which makes any input audio unintelligable.
    * When reviewing the bluetooth settings in the bios, I also noticed the memory is only being detected as 2100MHz however the memory is Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz paired with an i7-6700, is this some sort of bus locking/pairing would I perhaps need XMP enabled to overcome this or is it a memory/SPD detection failure? I attempted to update the BIOS to the latest available version 0702 but this has not made any difference.

Advice appreciated, I believe I will be contacting ASUS Product Support on Monday.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Steelseries Prime+
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK Prism XL
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hello Jim Mc, welcome to the ROG forum.

Default Ram speed should show 2133MHz in the bios. To get it to 3200MHz enable X.M.P. as you suggest or you can set it manually. If it doesn't want to go you will likely need to increase the vccio voltage and cpu system agent voltage.

If it fires off at 3200MHz great ! If it doesn't try these settings starting with the lower voltages. Slowly increase them until you can boot to windows. You might get an overclocking failed message too and that's normal.

VCCIO - 1.15v - 1.20v
    CPU Sytem Agent 1.15v up to 1.30v

No Bluetooth devices in the device manager would mean it's not present and could be as you say defective. Is there any way to test it on another pc, it would be the easiest way to confirm.

Are there any yellow triangles in the device manager?