cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24" 144Hz ASUS ROG GSYNC info & availability?

RPGWiZaRD
Level 7
Sweclockers site mentioned and pictured an upcoming 24" 1080p 144Hz GSYNC ROG display on CES2016 and availability was mentioned starting this spring sometimes.

Link (google translate): https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sw...

Any more info available? Why wasn't it presented in your CES gaming product launch press release? I've been dying for a more premium 24" / 1080p GSYNC display to arrive. The only thing I had hoped that would be different is that it would have been IPS instead of TN panel and would be cool if it had been 165Hz instead of 144Hz when sticking with TN panel *pretty please ASUS* which would have made it easier to sell in this day n age where 1440p has started to dominate the market quite a bit, the CSGO/Quake/UT etc nerds would be all over it with 165Hz(+) support even if just 24"/1080p. 🙂

Anyway I'm just glad I FINALLY have found the next monitor I want to upgrade to, that is 24"/1080p/Gsync (but the 3 products out there, Acer, AOC and BenQ) in this format is crap so wasn't interested in neither of them so far). I've patiently been waiting for this product to arrive for over a year and I'm glad ASUS is finally about to bring it out, with hopefully a 27" Swift-quality like TN panel and not your standard TN panel.
4 REPLIES 4

RPGWiZaRD
Level 7
Any news on this monitor? Even Acer has already released a 24" 180Hz GSYNC monitor available for purchase which I bet is using the same panel this ASUS ROG one will be using too but the ASUS one doesn't even have a name/ product page yet. Seems like Acer these days is constantly beating ASUS when it comes to getting the product out.

You can also see the monitor being futured in this video:

I'm really getting impatient waiting for this one, I might possibly have to go with the Acer but I just can't stand the stand. 😛 Although on the positive side 180Hz would be sweet to have but I personally think that's getting a bit overtop, I'd almost prefer it to be 165Hz like I hope this upcoming ASUS model will have because then I wouldn't feel this urge to have to more often upgrade GPU to be able to run at 180 FPS. 😛

RPGWiZaRD
Level 7
Any word on this, it doesn't even have a model number yet! I'm really anxious for this monitor.

RPGWiZaRD
Level 7
BUMP

Isn't there a way to send email to ASUS that isn't a RMA request or existing product query? I didn't find one yet which is a shame, other manufacturers I've been successfully able to contact in the past and gotten responses too in regards to upcoming models and feedback/request/info queries.

RPGWiZaRD
Level 7
Wow, just saw the news from Computex about not only one but TWO new upcoming ASUS high refresh rate 1080p monitors, 180 and 240Hz (native), that's amazing! I know one of these will be my next monitor as soon as it comes out.

Good to see what was planned to become perhaps 165Hz is now locked in to 180Hz, guess it makes sense as Acer released their 180Hz version already so.