cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g56jk shock (electric discharge)

lowly
Level 7
Hey, i just got and asus rog g56jk-dm156d, today i realised that the laptop just shock me (electric discharge) when i was running a vmware, and playing lol. I've noticed if i disconnect ac adapter it stop but for some few moments ac adapter shock too...
Any ideas about ?
2 REPLIES 2

MaxCioco
Level 7
My advice is to get it ASAP to service. Like... as soon as possible! And not use it at all until that point.

Not because of something "important", but because you might get injurend.
And the second reason because sooner or later it will turn your laptop in to a toaster.

It could be a loose wire, a bad connection, a bad wired connection or many other little things; Or something with the power moddule or battery. Impossible to tell. Most lilely somethin fixable in 5 mins after debugging, but I don't think you're an electrical engineer or else you wouldn't have posted here.

So... Get your laptop in to service. If you bought it new you might be able to benefit from Asus' DOA policy (here it's 7 days since purchase).

GottiBoi55
Level 10
lowly wrote:
Hey, i just got and asus rog g56jk-dm156d, today i realised that the laptop just shock me (electric discharge) when i was running a vmware, and playing lol. I've noticed if i disconnect ac adapter it stop but for some few moments ac adapter shock too...
Any ideas about ?

Hi lowly
I would take it back to the seller for exchange, if you are still in the return policy time frame.

Good luck, and good gaming.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"