cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G751 and G752 physical durability

Absolarix
Level 7
Is there anyone out there who can tell me how durable the flagship ASUS gaming laptops are in terms of a two-foot fall?
I'm looking at getting an ASUS ROG G752 for myself and one of my friends is looking at getting an ASUS ROG G751, and I'm worried about how their ~10lbs weight will affect their survivability in a situation where it fell off a bed.

Anyone out their who owns one able to help me with past experiences?
(No, I'm not suggesting you drop-test your $2'000 laptop)
4 REPLIES 4

Clintlgm
Level 14
I would say what your thinking it correct!! A notebook that is very heavy and fragile, I also don't think any other brand of Balls to the wall Gaming notebook is going to be any less fragile. Let see Panasonic used to sell a for rough use notebook I think it was or is? a military spin off? That said I have heard of at least one person on here that dropped one of these beast and it survived don't remember if it was a G75 or G750 or G751 there all pretty much the same including the G752 there not intended to be dropped
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
Panasonic Toughbooks are really the only laptops on the market made to endure abuse. They carry a premium price for less than stellar performance just because of that. They used to issue them for work until they finally figured out it was cheaper to sacrifice 3-4 dells and still be under the price of one toughbook.

Any other laptop may or may not survive a fall, its all about how it hits.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Aldaraad
Level 7
Well, one can always buy an adequate Pelicase or a Stormcase and build an enclosure for the laptop ... some DIY with sponges and foam and ... Toughbook it is.

Korth
Level 14
Dell's rugged laptops are pretty tough, too - they're used by the US military. Military people have all sorts of anecdotes about how wimpy and sucky these laptops are in the field, and how often they fail exactly when needed most, but I suspect few consumers will expose their laptops to warzones and military-grade abuse.

Most of the GL752 reviews I've seen on YouTube comment that the laptop seems very dense and durable, they are generally impressed with the high build quality. But at least one reviewer was critical about how flimsy the unit appeared, he was concerned that the lid hinge appeared weak and the battery probably wouldn't stay in place after a solid impact - his opinion was that the GL752VW wouldn't be as durable as (lower-priced) competing laptops in the same class.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]