cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL552VW How to adjust contrast

denebwafu
Level 7
Hi. I was trying to calibrate my screen appearance for this machine, but when I arrived at the contrast calibration, it says to adjust it using the contrast control on your display. The problem is I can't find where it is. The Fn key only allows you to adjust backlight brightness and screen brightness.

I have to seek help because my eyes get strained after few hours of using the notebook. It's different from my previous notebook. I dont know if this has anything to do with the GPU settings.
5 REPLIES 5

nandodean
Level 7
I didn't find those contrast effects either. I use the app "f.lux" which bring warm effect, and makes way more comfortable the using in long periods. I had the same issue of strained eyes, but this app solved it instantly.

denebwafu
Level 7
I think I found where to adjust the contrast just now. I went to the intel HD graphics control panel.

denebwafu wrote:
I think I found where to adjust the contrast just now. I went to the intel HD graphics control panel.

Nice, just gave a look and found it too. Anyway, doesn't get rid of the blue-ish whites, tried editing the blue contrast and lighting but not as desireable, at least on a GL752. So f.lux is still my choice!

denebwafu
Level 7
Ok Im gonna give that app a try. You can tweak a little bit of hue and saturation under the advanced tab in color settings to help you.

The Intel® Graphics Settings option is no longer available when using Windows Declarative Componentized Hardware (DCH) Graphics drivers on 6th Generation Intel® processors or newer. Find more information at https://wcm-ciqa.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031275.html.