3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Semi-Gloss

3 100.00%
  • Aggressive Anti-Glare

0 0%

Hybrid View

ROG Enthusiast Array

Vote - Semi-Gloss or Aggressive Anti-Glare finish for monitors

Asus seems to create product, yet they do not seems to ask the clients who purchase their product, so I'll do this for them.

Please vote your choice -

A) Semi-gloss -
    • Would you rather have a Semi-gloss finish for your monitor, this allows for whites to be white.
    • Helps to not cause distortions or color infrequency, such as vibrancy of color contrast. As this is Semi-Gloss.
    • this does prevent most nearly all reflections without interfering with the above.
    • This is also very easy to clean with any type of screen cleaner, and prevents most streaking/fingerprints from being visible.
    • This type of screen is more difficult to scratch and is more durable.

B) Aggressive Anti-Glare -
    • Would you rather have an Aggressive Anti-Glare finish to your monitor, this causes whites to be grey,
    • Causes pixel clarity issues, distortions, and color is more washed out as the vibrancy of contrast is over shadowed by this finish.
    • Think of Sunglasses except it is on your monitor, while wearing sunglasses things become darker in contrast.
    • This is not as easy clean as the surface is not as smooth, can also be damaged if using the incorrect screen cleaners.
    • This type of screen is easily scratched, the coating of anti-glare or AG sheet can easily be scratched or damaged.

ROG Member Array

Ideally I personally prefer to be in the light anti-glare ~ semi-glossy range although I would pick aggressive anti-glare over fully glossy though. I never sit in a darkened room and always have it properly lit up and this hurts fully glossy useage, semi-glossy might be borderline intrusive. So guess non-agressive anti-glare that my current monitor has is quite suitable for me.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 01-12-2016 at 05:54 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
    Ideally I personally prefer to be in the light anti-glare ~ semi-glossy range although I would pick aggressive anti-glare over fully glossy though. I never sit in a darkened room and always have it properly lit up and this hurts fully glossy useage, semi-glossy might be borderline intrusive. So guess non-agressive anti-glare that my current monitor has is quite suitable for me.
    Thank you for your explanation, I fully agree with you, proper lighting always does play a role when it comes to the monitor and screen.

Full gloss would reflect to much and would act as a mirror haha.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ideally I personally prefer to be in the light anti-glare ~ semi-glossy range although I would pick aggressive anti-glare over fully glossy though.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Straight up glossy for me. Asus uses far too aggressive anti-glare filter on their monitors which causes a slightly blurred image.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Juston Gold View Post
    Straight up glossy for me. Asus uses far too aggressive anti-glare filter on their monitors which causes a slightly blurred image.
    This is true, hopefully Asus reviews your response as this is what I'm hoping to bring to their attention.

Their Aggressive Anti-Glare is far to "Aggressive".

ROG Enthusiast Array

Don't forget to select your votes on the Pole at the top of the page ladies and gents.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Picked up a MG279Q few days ago, AG coating seems right to me, very similar to what it was on my Eizo FG2421 & Dell U2515H.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)