cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vote - Semi-Gloss or Aggressive Anti-Glare finish for monitors

phatec
Level 7
Asus seems to create product, yet they do not seems to ask the clients who purchase their product, so I'll do this for them.

Please vote your choice -

A) Semi-gloss -
• Would you rather have a Semi-gloss finish for your monitor, this allows for whites to be white.
• Helps to not cause distortions or color infrequency, such as vibrancy of color contrast. As this is Semi-Gloss.
• this does prevent most nearly all reflections without interfering with the above.
• This is also very easy to clean with any type of screen cleaner, and prevents most streaking/fingerprints from being visible.
• This type of screen is more difficult to scratch and is more durable.

B) Aggressive Anti-Glare -
• Would you rather have an Aggressive Anti-Glare finish to your monitor, this causes whites to be grey,
• Causes pixel clarity issues, distortions, and color is more washed out as the vibrancy of contrast is over shadowed by this finish.
• Think of Sunglasses except it is on your monitor, while wearing sunglasses things become darker in contrast.
• This is not as easy clean as the surface is not as smooth, can also be damaged if using the incorrect screen cleaners.
• This type of screen is easily scratched, the coating of anti-glare or AG sheet can easily be scratched or damaged.
7 REPLIES 7

RPGWiZaRD
Level 7
Ideally I personally prefer to be in the light anti-glare ~ semi-glossy range although I would pick aggressive anti-glare over fully glossy though. I never sit in a darkened room and always have it properly lit up and this hurts fully glossy useage, semi-glossy might be borderline intrusive. So guess non-agressive anti-glare that my current monitor has is quite suitable for me.

RPGWiZaRD wrote:
Ideally I personally prefer to be in the light anti-glare ~ semi-glossy range although I would pick aggressive anti-glare over fully glossy though. I never sit in a darkened room and always have it properly lit up and this hurts fully glossy useage, semi-glossy might be borderline intrusive. So guess non-agressive anti-glare that my current monitor has is quite suitable for me.

Thank you for your explanation, I fully agree with you, proper lighting always does play a role when it comes to the monitor and screen.

Full gloss would reflect to much and would act as a mirror haha.

Ideally I personally prefer to be in the light anti-glare ~ semi-glossy range although I would pick aggressive anti-glare over fully glossy though.

Juston_Gold
Level 7
Straight up glossy for me. Asus uses far too aggressive anti-glare filter on their monitors which causes a slightly blurred image.

Juston Gold wrote:
Straight up glossy for me. Asus uses far too aggressive anti-glare filter on their monitors which causes a slightly blurred image.

This is true, hopefully Asus reviews your response as this is what I'm hoping to bring to their attention.

Their Aggressive Anti-Glare is far to "Aggressive".

phatec
Level 7
Don't forget to select your votes on the Pole at the top of the page ladies and gents.

gupsterg
Level 13
Picked up a MG279Q few days ago, AG coating seems right to me, very similar to what it was on my Eizo FG2421 & Dell U2515H.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video