cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus g75vw crash while playing

Acsuu
Level 7
Got an ASUS g75vw about a couple of months ago. It started giving me blue screens at first, and then it completely shut down and couldn't be turned on again. It turned out to be a harddisk issue so we replaced it with my old g75vw harddisk, and it worked fine.

But now everytime I play a game, it shuts down without warning. And it's pretty annoying to have to redo things I spent several hours on. It's incredibly random, from 3 hours to every 10 minutes, but just happens when I play a game as far as I know. I read about it on the forums, and tried several things that I thought could have helped.

It's not an overheating issue. I was hoping it might have been so I bought a cooling pad. But it can crash the moment I start the laptop and start up a game. I also cleaned it out several times, just to be absolutely certain that wasn't the issue.

I replaced the harddisk with a brand new one, no use.

I tried to take out the battery while playing, no use.

I tried to replace the charger, none either.

It's causing a lot of stress and I'm growing more and more tempted to just throw it out the window. Judging by the forums here, it's not something new to the model either.
3 REPLIES 3

InfernoStorm
Level 10
I'm sure it's still a overheating issue, the instant shutdown is to prevent further damage to the laptop.

Most people think that buying a cooling pad will fix the problem, in fact it won't for most cases. The point of the cooling pad is to reduce the temperature by a few degrees but it won't completely resolve the overheating problem.

Download a CPU temperature monitoring tool and see what are the max load temps and determine if it's a overheating issue.

Is your laptop still under warranty?

If it is then try sending it back for RMA, and they'll probably open it up for you and help you clear out the dust and reapply thermal paste. If it's no longer under warranty then they'll still do the same for you but charge you for it.

InfernoStorm wrote:
I'm sure it's still a overheating issue, the instant shutdown is to prevent further damage to the laptop.

Most people think that buying a cooling pad will fix the problem, in fact it won't for most cases. The point of the cooling pad is to reduce the temperature by a few degrees but it won't completely resolve the overheating problem.

Download a CPU temperature monitoring tool and see what are the max load temps and determine if it's a overheating issue.

Is your laptop still under warranty?

If it is then try sending it back for RMA, and they'll probably open it up for you and help you clear out the dust and reapply thermal paste. If it's no longer under warranty then they'll still do the same for you but charge you for it.

How can it overheat after 2 minutes after I started it?

I downloaded a temperature monitoring tool and it wasn't anywhere near overheating.

TokoDude
Level 10
What where the temperatures?
And what piece of software are you using?

Yes, it’s possible to overheat after 2 minutes. When you start a game it increases your temperature very fast.
My pc was overheating to. It got above 100 degrees. I had to open my computer up and clean down the fans.
it was really clogged with dust, and it was 25 degrees cooler after cleaning it.

While using a coolingpad my laptop gets around 65-70 degrees while playing Killing Floor 2 (Almost everything maxed)
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung