cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY Fan Rubbers and the First Charging

SteaK_n_Cheese
Level 7
Hi guys!

Recently I have bought a G752VY-GC082T from Media Markt but while unpacking it I did not pay attention to the details and I happened to threw away the rubbers that were placed onto the fans. Later I have found out that I was suppose to keep those rubbers in order to protect the fans but it was already too late. My question is that are those rubbers really essential? I believe they were placed there to prevent anything from going into the fans but I checked and that area looks pretty okay to me without those rubbers too. However if they are that important, any idea where can I get them? (I have attached a picture of the hole in the fan)

Also I saw later in the manual it says charge it for 3 hours before using it, but I had just plugged it in and started using. I did let it charge up to 100% for the first time though. So I feel like it should be okay but I just wanted to make sure.

I am waiting for your answers!

PS: Whatever I did the photo kept being upside down, soryy about that.
21 REPLIES 21

Sniffy
Level 7
I don't have a G752 but I have no idea why there'd be rubber stoppers in the rear vent. I can pretty much guarantee nothing bad will ever happen to your notebook. A quick google tells me it has something to do with dust or something which makes no sense. Don't worry about it.

They usually do advise you to charge before using but it's not an issue. The battery won't be in use if it's plugged in, so it should make no difference. The AC adapter would just have to supply power to charge the battery and power the laptop, but they do that all the time anyway.

It`s just that in the manual it says keep the rubber on when you are not using the Notebook. So I thought since it has a little bit big fan holes something could get into the notebook or something. But that relieved me now, thanks!

And by the way, I searched a lot of for this but I am still not sure about it. What is the best way to get the most out of lithuim batteries? I have found out that shallow charges are the best for it, but I am still not so sure.

Clintlgm
Level 14
I don't have a G752 either but I remember in the advertising that the bottom of the vents is somehow a dust removal system. As to the Rubber plugs I don't believe this has come up in the forum so far????. So my assumption would be that they are in everyone's notebook and they having had the issue of them coming out? or non of them have these plugs at all? You'll get more specific answers later on today as everyone will read this post and check there's
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

No, I had them already. But I didn´t think it was important and I threw them away. Now I have come to think that if I need them or not.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I do have the G752VY and I put the rubber plugs back in the box and left them with everything else like the original drives etc.
They are not essential. The intent is if you are not using the machine for an extended period you are supposed to put the plugs back in where you took them out. They seal up the dust port on the fans and are intended to keep dust out if the machine is sitting up for a long time.
Dont worry, you are not the first. Most question WTF they are for and either chunk them right out of the box or lose them shortly anyhow.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Oh! Thanks for the informatin! Now I think that perhaps I should get them, but I dont° know how. Do you think I could get them from somewhere? Or maybe Media Markt would get them to me somehow?

JustinThyme
Level 13
I think you will find sourcing them a challenge in the least. Your best bet would be to beg ASUS support.
Honestly I think they are just a gimmick. They are on the exhaust side, not over the heat sinks but over the dust port.
Gentech has a decent tear down at the end of their review that shows the cooling fans intakes are on the top. Attached image shows a rendition of the cooling system, the plugs go over where the dust is shown exiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z35anO2Dwo

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Thanky you for all the information! It looks like I will be just as fine without the plugs. Besides I don`t think I will ever let this baby sit down for a long time unused 😄 Even though I would keep it in that soft white case it came with. So I think it would be fine. Thank you again!

Sniffy
Level 7
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that dust removal system doesn't even work and is more of a marketing gimmick. I don't see how from the above diagram that it would do anything at all.