Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

ROG Member Array

Thumbs up [PG27AQ] Terrible Panel Quality

Hi,

I recently received an Asus ROG PG27AQ (4K IPS Gsync 60Hz), and I'm displeased to report that it suffers from the same issues the PG279 has, namely:

- dead pixels (1 stuck, 2 dead on my unit)
    - yellow back light bleed
    -massive IPS-glow

As much as I could live with dead pixel on a 4K, there is no way that I can get over the orange bleed, as it is really distracting during web browsing (such as this forum) and even more so in games; it is almost like the left corners are dirty with a wash of yellow.

IPS glow is also severe, despite being inherent to IPS tech, and also asymmetrical thus highly disturbing, with the left side being prominently brighter than the right side.

Thus it seems that AUOptronics is having a bad day with all kind of IPS panels and not just fast ones. It is such a shame cuz otherwise the screen would be excellent. 81% AdobeRGB coverage with Gsync and 4K...

Again, for a 950€ price tag this is unacceptable.

Please ASUS, get your xxxx together and work out this issues before selling the monitors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	54732

ROG Member Array Hertz PC Specs
    Hertz PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MacBook Pro 15" Early 2013
    MotherboardRampage IV Black Edition
    Processori7-4280k
    Memory (part number)2x F3-2400C10Q-16GZH G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX980 Strix
    Graphics Card #2ASUS GTX980 Strix
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Z
    MonitorASUS PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Seagate Constellation ES ST32000644NS 2TB 7200
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    CaseCoolerMaster HAF-932
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 1000W P2
    Keyboard Razer Tron
    Mouse Razer Tron
    Headset SteelSeries Siberia v2
    Mouse Pad Razer Tron
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterLinksys EA6400

The bottom-left corner is terrible! Just like all the PG279Q's I have exchanged while trying to find a good one :-(
    Btw, I do not understand why there are so many people stating that all IPS panels suffer from such problems. I have never seen an IPS TV with backlight bleed, nor my $200 Dell screens at work have any bleed. Are these people just blindly defending ASUS?
    Last edited by Hertz; 01-13-2016 at 03:18 PM.

ROG Member Array

Really I could understand some IPS Glow - But this amount plus yellow BLB? It is like having a patch of dirt in the corner... If it were a 150usd monitor maybe, but for 900??
    Last edited by NIGos; 01-13-2016 at 06:01 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

where did you buy this panel from?? I can't find it anywhere.

ROG Member Array

Amazon...

ROG Enthusiast Array

I bought mine on Amazon as well. I posted a very long review with 7 pictures, so if you want to check it out, just go to the listing and look at the reviews. My backlight bleed was horrible as well and it seems like the lower left corner is a big deal because that was where it was the worst. My monitor also had a cluster of burnt out pixels which almost looked like a small tear in the screen.

When playing certain games with lots of black, for example Rise of the Tomb Raider, it would be like someone was behind Lara with a lantern following her around. I returned the monitor on 02/11/2016. I have heard the RMA process takes a long long time for Asus, you have to pay shipping fees and you can end up getting a monitor with the same or worse problems.

I still have my older monitor, the ASUS PB287Q. It's a 28 inch TN panel and it lacks G-sync. I have had it for a year and for literally half the price of the PG27AQ it's been worth it.

I was able to compare the two, and the color reproduction in the games I played wasn't any noticeably different between them. In my opinion, you are paying all that extra money just for the G-Sync module, which is very impressive. I will say that games do run much more smoothly, however, I don't think it's worth an extra $450.

I am looking forward to seeing what they do with the PG348Q - 1440p IPS and G-sync at 100hz all on a curved 34 inch. Let's hope that panel doesn't have the same problems as the 4k monitor did.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Looks like Amazon shut down the page selling this monitor. Hopefully this sends a wake-up call to Asus to take a closer look at their QC.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by dbpavey View Post
    What do you mean? I just ordered mine (I think Friday?) Gets here tomorrow. Page is still up, just out of stock from Amazon. It goes in and out like everywhere else.

http://www.amazon.com/SWIFT-PG279Q-S.../dp/B017EVR2VM
    That's because you ordered the PG279Q. This thread is for the PG27AQ, note the letter "A" it's the difference between a 1440p monitor(what you ordered) and the 4k(2160p) gsync monitor. You can't find the PG27AQ by searching for it on Amazon anymore. You can only find it via a direct link such as this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AWGY9MG

ROG Enthusiast Array

My bad!

ROG Member Array

Really Asus?

My new PG279Q looks just as bad. Every ROG panel is plagued with these issues...
    These are premium products and the quality is much worse than a 150$ monitor.
    They do not even acknowledge these issues...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast