cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JX Overheating Problem

Taaken
Level 7
Hey,
I bought this PC in August 2013, and has been very satisfied with it. A few weeks ago, one of my fans started making a lot of noise, and I replaced it a few days ago.

After replacing it, I have had a problem with my computer overheating by doing very simple tasks on my computer, like watching a movie or moving files. If I have my laptops power setting on "power saving", my temperatures stay around 60-70 celcius, until I do something which makes it overheat, but putting it on "high performance" shoots it right up to 90-100 celcius in about 10-15 seconds, without doing any tasks.

I never had this problem before, and I have had my computer run on "high performance" ever since I got it, so I guess I messed something up while exchanging the fan? It is the exact same model, and I have double-checked with tutorials that I did everything correctly about five times.
I can feel that the CPU gets hot really quickly, but at the same time I am also sure that the fan is working.
I have tried to go back to my old fan aswell, as I would rather live with noise than an overheating computer, but the problem persists.
Any ideas of what I have done wrong, or about things to check?
2 REPLIES 2

redduc900
Level 9
You might want to monitor and compare the fan speeds. Use v1.4.2 of Notebook FanControl...

https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases

Use the Asus M52VA config, and in the Settings menu select Start with Windows, and Minimize/Close to tray. You can also try the ASUS Zenbook UX32LN config. for monitoring/controlling both fans.
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

redduc900 wrote:
You might want to monitor and compare the fan speeds. Use v1.4.2 of Notebook FanControl...

https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases

Use the Asus M52VA config, and in the Settings menu select Start with Windows, and Minimize/Close to tray. You can also try the ASUS Zenbook UX32LN config. for monitoring/controlling both fans.

Thanks!! This is the first fan control program I've encountered that actually lets me control my fans! Manually setting them at 100% counters the overheating and keeps the temperature in 60-70C by just having the performance set to high. The temperatures leap to mid to high 90s when I convert a video - but it didn't overheat.

Atleast this made my fans work on higher levels, it seems like my fans have refused to go at more than 25% since I replaced the CPU fan..
But this is an awesome place to start, maybe I will be able to counter the overheating issue with this program. Thanks a bunch!